Create Account

Raiders Make the Playoffs
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2019, 10:20 PM by Leoben.)

Ready for grading

[Image: jakub-vrana-hershey-bears-dab-1.jpg]
Josef Kubinec celebrates after scoring a goal in the Raiders' shootout loss to Lethbridge

After an overtime loss in Lethbridge today, spirits were down in the Raiders' locker room. It seems to be tradition for the team to struggle during this part of the season. Josef Kubinec was especially down on things. He's been playing his tail off this season and is currently tied for second in total goals scored for the league. Still, that title is meaningless to him if Halifax goes home early.

"Look I'd give up every single goal for a shot at the cup. This is my second to last shot at the cup, I plan on being here next season too, and I don't want to go up to the SHL without some kind of accomplishment. I came here to make a difference and so far I haven't produced when it matters. If we don't make the playoffs, I'll be pretty devastated."

Kubinec's teammates were a little confused by his line of thinking but didn't say anything. Everyone handles a loss differently and Josef has a tendency to be pretty hard on himself.

"I just love this team. I love this town, I love these uniforms, I love this locker here. I just wanna share that love in the playoffs and share that love with the Challenge Cup."

During the interview, Esa Parmborg pulled Kubinec aside to explain that the Challenge Cup is in a different league.

"Four Star Cup? That's the bigger one right? Yea I wanna win that one."

Kubinec walked around to see how the rest of his team was faring and while most were shared in the frustration, they were already on to the next game.

"Chin up Cody! We will bounce back from this. At least you'll be here with me next season too. Esa, I'll play extra hard for you next game, I promise. Atlas, let's get them next time man. Lions ain't shit. We are not out of this yet guys! We still have a shot at the playoffs and everyone knows that once you're in the playoffs, anything can happen."

Esa Parmborg's frustration continued to grow until he threw his stick up in the air and pulled Josef aside again and whispered something in his ear.

"We're in? We clinched? We're in the playoffs boys!!! Get changed everyone, we're celebrating tonight! Steaks and skates!"

Renegades  raiders  Finland

They said it couldn't be done

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

raiders Towel

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

raiders Hells Utah!

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

raiders raiders raiders

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates