Create Account

SMJHL S49 Reddit Draft
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2019, 07:27 AM by Chris-McZehrl.)

S49 SMJHL Reddit Draft

Foreword
Our next SHL Reddit Draft will be huge again and I cant wait to see how good this draft class will be in comparison to the past. I always follow the Reddit Drafts more than normal ones because Reddit Drafts can change the Landscape in the SHL. This could start the next Expansion for the SMJHL and SHL. We have of course again some recreates but the income of newbies is always so amazing. Hopefully over 50% will stay active or semi-active. That is mostly the job of the SMJHL GMs and Co-GMs but also the Discord Server of the SMJHL Teams. We have in moment 10 SMJHL Teams and with 100 Prospects that will mean we will have 10 rounds of the SMJHL S49 Rookie Draft. That is amazing especially with the fact that so many SMJHL Teams are full with send downs next season once again. I wonder what will happen with all the players they don't have any place on the lines. I talk now for so long that we need more roster spots for exactly Reddit Drafts because they could kill many newbies with this huge problem. So I hope the SHL and SMJHL Commission are prepared and try all to explain the newbies how the way is and all work out. The SMJHL Teams having 12 Forward Roster Spots, 6 Defender Roster Spots and 2 Goalie Roster Spots. That makes overall 20 Roster Spots. The half players in average will be from the draft (10 rounds = 10 players per team in average). So then you have the SHL S49, S48 and S47 maybe also some S46 send down Players. I can see there a massive problem and with that later also in the SHL. All in all I did explain so many members that the S46 SHL Reddit Draft killed directly the SHL S46 Expansion because we had more newbies and comebacker than the two teams got in that Expansion Draft on their teams (14 players per team). Yes we have some Teams with issues but overall in the SHL all can see we need more Spots. For me it is no wonder that many members went in the past inactive after the first 1-4 weeks and then later if they are capped for the SMJHL. Normally the task of the League Bosses and Owner should make more places for let rise more and more the activity. But with this current issue I doubt that we will ever solve the problem. I don't know the exact number of actives from the S46 Draft and upwards but the S46 Expansion of the SHL and S45 SMJHL Expansion is dead before it started in my opinion. So now back to the topic of the SMJHL S49 Reddit Draft after some important facts and maybe also some motivation for all to make some more Roster Spots happen. For all newbies maybe it's important to say to you that it is so important to have you here and that you fight for your right. We do the Reddit Draft technically to raise the league activity and with that the team size of the leagues. So come out to the public if you have any error and start a discussion in the SHL Thunderdome, SHL Wonderdome or SHL Discussion Section. Because then its professionel and the league can also help you in any problem. You can also have help in the SHL Discord Server and probably over SHL PMs if it is some hard stuff to the League Commishes or HO. Again I don't want any negative influence on the newbies or even the rest of the league. But I always fight for the best and correct choices and decisions for the league. I am now here since January 2012 and the league do care myself so much I can't describe it with my own words. And I started this talk right after the S46 SHL Reddit Draft with some members in charge but also not in charge. I also did start to talk with all SHL GMs and some meant yes and others no. But there it is so important to look not with the Head GM eyes about their own Franchise there it's more about the whole league. I really believe that some of the GMs were looking just on their own Teams. That is not what members in charge should do in my opinion. There always should be the league success the main goal. Because without the league the GMs are nothing. So please think carefully about my words and look over the numbers of send downs for the SMJHL and also later for the SHL. We all want the best start for newbies and also normally we should want the best for the league.

Now I will talk about some S49 SMJHL Rookie Draft Recreates:

Player: Vorian Atreides @Green
Position: Center
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 239lbs
Nationality: United Kingdom
Green is one of the best members in the history of the SHL and I can't wait to see where he will land and with which Overall Pick. Green will have his third player here. His first one was incredible.

Player: Khal Valhalla @King
Height: 6’5”
Weight: 240lbs
Nationality: Undecided
I was shocked about his retirement and also saw it in the coming for his burn out. It's always great to have a good pace in many related Topics but you should always be carefully to not burn out and lose your fun on the SHL. Now with his new recreate I hope he will be back and focus more on fun. I believe that is what he need.

Player: Akira Ren @Velevra
Position: Defense
Height: 6’4”
Weight: 220lbs
Nationality: Japan
Velvra the brother of Kylrad is the Chicago Syndicate Head GM and will after the SMJHL S49 go back to his team without any Pick. He is one of the best Player Creators in the SHL History. Shawn Velevra was an impressive Defender and now his last player Luke Atmey was also an impressive Winger.

Player: Bobby Lane @Rich
Position: Right Wing
Height: 5’11
Weight: 183lbs
Nationality: United States
Also Rich is back. That is great and he did create a good player. Now it's time to create the 2nd great player. Good luck with that.

Player: Doug Glatt @Guriinwoodo
Height: 6’4
Weight: 235lbs
I remember this player name! now is my question, is this Doug Glatt a person who is famous or is it the member Dylan?

Player: Kalevolaripaavo Käspertommevisnapuu @AlwaysGettingHaxed
Weight: 210lbs
Nationality: Estonia
He is one of my favourite members on the SHL. I love his player names. They are so impressive. Szlerchek was also so impressive as his very first SHL Player. Now I hope we can see his second one.

Player: Niklas Fuhrberg @Confusion
Position: LW/RW
Weight: 220lbs
Nationality: South Africa
My german buddy Confusion. It would be great to see him on the same level as his last player, Fedor Shirobokov. At first I hope a perfect fit for you in the SMJHL. Good luck my buddy.

Player: Zbigniew Pokrywka @thebigschnoz
Height: 6’3
Weight: 205lbs
Nationality: Poland
He is back. Schnozy decided to create as S50 SHL Draftee so the same as AlwaysGettingHaxed did. I would love it to see him so active as the last time. Good luck.

Player: Disisde Dayudie @スウェグキング
Height: 6’3
Weight: 209lbs
Sweggy is also in the S50 SHL Draft Class and sit out the SHL S49 Draft Class. I wonder if he can bring up his next superstar after Andersson.

Player: Justin Womack @AbstractArtist3781
Height: 6’4”
Weight: 240lbs

Player: Luca Veccelli @Symmetrik
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 208lbs
Nationality: Switzerland
That really surprised me a bit. Chris York retired and Symmetrik is back with a recreation. York had 3-5 really amazing seasons. Now i cant wait what he will do with his new player.

Player: Yamamoto Mitsuharu @TML99
Position: RW/LW
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 215lbs
Oh my, my former GM of St.Louis and a great buddy. I hope you create your 2nd Star Player. Please do it!

Player: Landon Flynn @Simply Incorrect
Position: LW
Height: 6’1”
Weight: 190lbs
Reay was his first player but with a short career. His 2nd Star Player was Daniel Merica. The others were not so good. He was also Manager on two teams before. I wish you good luck with your new player.

I will also do a SMJHL S49 Reddit Draft Review with more Prospects and I that means I will include all the newbies. For me it was enough at first for the Preview because I don't know the newbies and that will take a bit time. I hope the league will see my criticizing words how they should be used for. I really would like if the league understand that I am worried about the future of the SHL with Reddit Drafts and also small Reddit Drafts organized just by JSS in moment for standard Rookie Drafts.

1529 words
I feel sorry if I should miss any recreate of the SHL S50 Reddit Draft Class.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Hey Chris, to answer your question about Doug Glatt, it is the main character from the movie Goon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goon_(film)

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

07-30-2019, 07:55 AMGreen Wrote: Hey Chris, to answer your question about Doug Glatt, it is the main character from the movie Goon:

That explain it all Smile

But idk this movie Wink

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

07-30-2019, 08:20 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote:
07-30-2019, 07:55 AMGreen Wrote: Hey Chris, to answer your question about Doug Glatt, it is the main character from the movie Goon:

But idk this movie Wink

Definitely watch it, it's fun

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

07-30-2019, 08:20 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote:

But idk this movie Wink

100% watch the movie my dood. Goon is great