Create Account

Stepping down from Ireland Presser
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019, 11:09 AM by thedangazone.)

Code:
Ready For Grading

Ireland

I have informed IIHF HO that this season was my last as Federation Head for Ireland. I've had a hell of a run as a Head/ Co-Head since being brought into the team way back in S36. But I have run my time leading the team and it is definitely time for some new blood to lead the team to restart the dynasty all over again. First and foremost I want to think everyone on the team while I was Head/Co-Head. You all made it worth staying on for. Every tourney the LR was as fun as can be and the excitement of winning was always better sharing it with you all. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Next I want to thank @Evok . You convinced me to transfer from USA to come help you run the team and I had an absolute blast being your Co-Head and later you being mine. It took a little convincing since I didn't want to betray the US but in the end I made the best choice for my GMing career I ever could have. I owe that all to you <3.

Lastly I want to thank SDCore. You have been an awesome Co-Head these past 2 seasons and I can't wait to see what you do with the team. I have faith you can make a run similar to mine and hopefully you pull in many more golds for us during your tenure. Good luck pal and have fun most of all. You will do amazing. 

So ask me anything. IIHF or SHL related it does not matter

Code:
Flareon4043
Can we have your players please

I think we end up with less creates on a seasonal basis then Great Britain does so going to have to pass here <3
Most of our players are long locked into the country anyways. Plus you just beat us for Gold in S48 so I think y'all have a bright enough future without poaching from us.

Code:
Blastmeaway

Y tho?
You set an unbelievably high bar, I assume by complete accident, what direction is Ireland headed?

I figured after 13 seasons it was time to let someone else have a shot. I would have stepped down a few seasons back to be honest but not only were we still on the gold run that I wanted to see through to the end, I had also asked for anyone to be my Co-Head for a while with the intent of taking over eventually and no one had stepped up for that much responsibility until SDCore was a beauty and helped me run the team these past 2 seasons. In fact this past tourney I let him run the team completely and I chipped in if he asked for help or needed something answered but for the most part it was all him this time. I hope this helps for him to get the Head when it goes up for apps and I had already informed arty of this as the tourney was starting to help.

I think the team should still be solid and a good contender for the gold for a while longer. SD is going to do great as head and he inherits a pretty stacked team. The team is more in regression than not but a solid amount will fight it for a while and we do have some solid depth players ready to take the aging out players spots as well as some prospects ready to pounce into the lineup when they can. I do not think there will be too much struggle for the team as it transitions some players and while some key pieces retire over the next few seasons they'll be replaced no problem. All in all the team will probably be much the same. If it's not going for gold it will definitely be in the running for the other medals.

Code:
slothfacekilla
What will you do with all of this free time you have now?

What is your favorite Irish thing?

Do you see yourself returning to Ireland with your next player?

I guess I need to actually help Joe run New Orleans now. Or just watch more Big Brother whichever happens first.

On the site it would definitely be the 5 straight gold medals and the locker room. Such a great group of people who I could not have been happier to share a room with.
In real life it's probably a mix of the history and food. Being a fat guy with a history degree I do love both so it's hard to choose one over the other. Probably the food though. I do love potatoes.

Code:
SDCore Wrote:
Why did you choose a scrub like SDCore/Corey Kennedy to take over? Cause he big succc, only a bronze medal???

I chose that scrub SDCore because he was the only one who seemed interested of course. For real though I saw the work you have put into the site and knew you would hold the Head job to the same standard of success. Having worked with you the last 2 seasons as well I know you will do your best to keep the dynasty alive and I have faith you will.

Code:
GeckoeyGecko
how was ur day

My day went well yesterday. BW and I had some good subs for lunch and we were able to knock out a bunch of laundry plus went grocery shopping. Not exciting but stuff we needed done so it was nice to get it finished. Then had some really good salads for dinner and watched Big Brother. Hope yours went well too <3

Code:
Katth
How many pints of Guinness can you drink before you fall over?

Unfortunately now probably not many. I've been suffering from vertigo for the past 10 months so I am pretty close to falling over on some days already. The last time I had any alcohol was right after this started and about half a beer made me feel trashed drunk so it's been almost a year without any. Back before this though I could probably drink 4 or 5 before getting a really good buzz on, maybe 6 to 7 before falling over drunk. I am a huge light weight with alcohol. I'd be more worried about trying to fit that much Guinness in my stomach to be honest. I'd probably want to throw up from the fullness.

Code:
bilbo
Be honest, you wanted to devote more time to BB, right?

What gold medal win was your favorite? (Might take you a while to think about since there are so, so many.)

Congrats on your amazing run as head, TDZ!

I already devote all my time to Big Brother though if you couldn't tell by how much Sloth and I talk about it. In fact he and I are talking about it in PMs literally at this moment. So I think I could have done both still, but maybe a little more BB.

Probably the second one back in S43. When the semifinals were being simmed that night we were playing Germany and it didn't look good for us but we had already taken down the powerhouse USA team so anything was possible, especially after already winning gold the season before. But that night BadWolf and I were out having a nice dinner for a date and I felt so terrible because I was at the table frantically F5ing the hell out of the index waiting for the score to pop up and I remember being so elated when I saw we beat Germany to make it to back to back gold medal games. Then we went on to crush Russia for the gold medal game outshooting them 40-6. ztevans remembers well

Thanks for the love <3

Code:
bluesfan55
the end of a glorious era

Any predictions for the future of Ireland?
I think I've got two IIHF tournaments left. Will we win gold in both?
Any idea who the next co will be?

I think Ireland will still be a medal contender for a while. There are younger players looking to move up the lineup as some of our players start dropping from old age such as you, evok, and myself. So we should have a seamless transition with them. We also have some prospects ready to come up too who should be getting into the lineup rather soon I'd expect and on the defensive side we're pretty strong all the way through. I don't expect Ireland to regress too much if they do at all.

I think we have as good a shot to win gold in both as we have in every tourney. Can't say we will win because I did this season and look how that turned out lol.

I have no idea who SD will pick (assuming he gets the head job) but I think it would probably go to apps. I don't know how many people are interested now in it compared to when I put up apps and got literally 0. Hopefully he gets someone dedicated to helping run the team in tandem like Evok and I did for a while. It helps a lot.

Code:
.bojo
why does success follow you?

how many hotdogs

I wouldn't say success followed me anywhere except in Ireland. Outside of IIHF I have not done much. I have 2 challenge cups thanks to Esa's amazing GMing ability and I have the one Dar trophy when I was at my absolute peak before regression killed me. But as a GM I haven't done too much. New Orleans has made playoffs all 3 seasons and while we lost game 7 of the finals the first season and game 7 of the semi's this past we still haven't gotten the job done yet so I don't consider it successful. And my GM tenure in Halifax is absolutely laughable if we're being honest.

If I'm eating them as a normal meal then like 4, depending on if there's sides and what sides. But just hot dogs then 4. If it's like an eating contest and I want to violently vomit like the exorcist then at least 8.

Code:
Whikadoodle
Do you think any Federation will be able to top the gold medal streak you set with Ireland?

What's your secret?

Who is the most underrated player in the Ireland LR?

How much tuna is too much tuna?

I think it's definitely possible because STHS can be so random but it's probably more probable to never happen again. I won't rule it out ever and I'd love to see someone challenge it, but not beat it of course. Unfortunately I think it just takes an incredible amount of luck to even pull off 2-3 in a row much less the luck I used for my entire lifetime on 5. But I would never rule it out. There are a lot of good teams in IIHF with very good Federation Heads and I know everyone will put in the work to challenge it.

My secret was probably not trying too hard. I honestly rarely test simmed for the round robin and did most of my testing for medal rounds. I won't share my secrets completely though since I still need to teach that to SDCore but don't want others to know, sorry.

The most underrated player would have to be more than 1 I think. Our 3rd and 4th lines have been amazing for us for a while now and while they don't get the stats the others do they put in the work to still be solid for us and not a liability. I think our depth has been whats set us apart from a lot of other teams outside of the obvious big ones who can run 4 lines other than us. So the depth players get no love stats wise but they definitely earn each and every one of those medals we have gotten.

More than 2 is too much tuna

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Can we have your players please

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

Y tho?
You set an unbelievably high bar, I assume by complete accident, what direction is Ireland headed?

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

08-05-2019, 12:48 AMFlareon4043 Wrote: Can we have your players please

I think we end up with less creates on a seasonal basis then Great Britain does so going to have to pass here <3
Most of our players are long locked into the country anyways. Plus you just beat us for Gold in S48 so I think y'all have a bright enough future without poaching from us.

08-05-2019, 12:48 AMBlastmeaway Wrote: Y tho?

I figured after 13 seasons it was time to let someone else have a shot. I would have stepped down a few seasons back to be honest but not only were we still on the gold run that I wanted to see through to the end, I had also asked for anyone to be my Co-Head for a while with the intent of taking over eventually and no one had stepped up for that much responsibility until @SDCore was a beauty and helped me run the team these past 2 seasons. In fact this past tourney I let him run the team completely and I chipped in if he asked for help or needed something answered but for the most part it was all him this time. I hope this helps for him to get the Head when it goes up for apps and I had already informed arty of this as the tourney was starting to help.

I think the team should still be solid and a good contender for the gold for a while longer. SD is going to do great as head and he inherits a pretty stacked team. The team is more in regression than not but a solid amount will fight it for a while and we do have some solid depth players ready to take the aging out players spots as well as some prospects ready to pounce into the lineup when they can. I do not think there will be too much struggle for the team as it transitions some players and while some key pieces retire over the next few seasons they'll be replaced no problem. All in all the team will probably be much the same. If it's not going for gold it will definitely be in the running for the other medals.

What will you do with all of this free time you have now?

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Why did you choose a scrub like SDCore/Corey Kennedy to take over? Cause he big succc, only a bronze medal???

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

how was ur day

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

How many pints of Guinness can you drink before you fall over?

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Be honest, you wanted to devote more time to BB, right?

What gold medal win was your favorite? (Might take you a while to think about since there are so, so many.)

Congrats on your amazing run as head, TDZ!

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

the end of a glorious era

Any predictions for the future of Ireland?
I think I've got two IIHF tournaments left. Will we win gold in both?
Any idea who the next co will be?

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Applied

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

why does success follow you?

how many hotdogs

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Do you think any Federation will be able to top the gold medal streak you set with Ireland?

What's your secret?

Who is the most underrated player in the Ireland LR?

How much tuna is too much tuna?

08-05-2019, 01:37 AMslothfacekilla Wrote: What will you do with all of this free time you have now?

I guess I need to actually help Joe run New Orleans now. Or just watch more Big Brother whichever happens first.

On the site it would definitely be the 5 straight gold medals and the locker room. Such a great group of people who I could not have been happier to share a room with.
In real life it's probably a mix of the history and food. Being a fat guy with a history degree I do love both so it's hard to choose one over the other. Probably the food though. I do love potatoes.