Create Account

Knute chat

The Preseason is upon us, excitement is in the air, bets are being placed and discussions about who will win the season 49 Challenge Cup is fierce. With us here today we have Knute Knurtsson of the San Francisco Pride to talk alittle about preseason, being a rookie and the future.

Lars Berghagen: I want to start of by asking you about the move from the Smjhl to the SHL, it's only preseason but what can you tell us so far about your experience going up the the big league?

Knute Knurtsson: it's a huge leap, just overall, everyone is so much better at this level. Even tho I got to spend 4 seasons in the Smjhl before I made the jump I can barely keep up with the guys in the SHL. Honestly it has been rough, the way I played in Colorado is not working at this level, I think everyone faces these challenges when they come up to the SHL so I just have to adapt. For the first few games in preseason I had a real hard time with my face offs, but I'm working on that. I have alot of great veterans around me that give advice so that helps alot. I have always been more of a playmaker than a goal scorer throughout my career, my shot is kind of my weakness you could say and I have really noticed that during the preseason. Goalies at this level are really great and it is truly hard to score on them so I have to work really hard on getting my shot of quicker and to shoot more accurately. In the SHL it is all about split seconds, if a puck goes in, if you will get leveled by a hit or if a pass will connect. It is really fun to play in the SHL cause it really pushes your ability to the max and I love that.

Lars Berghagen: So far you have played 33 preseason games, 4 goals and 5 assists for 9 points. How do you think it's going so far?

Knute Knurtsson: Well as I said it is a whole other level to play in the SHL compared the the smjhl so I'm not sure how it is going so far, just fine I guess. I honestly didn't expect it to be this hard and that is bad of me to underestimate the SHL. Having 9 point after 33 games isn't something I'm used to. We have struggled abit with scoring goals as a team, currently we are 2nd to last with only 83 goals so I would really want to help the team by scoring some more goals. I'm ofcourse still adjusting to playing with Nathan Explosion and Filip Zadina but I think we are starting to klick. They are both very skilled guys and I think we complement each other pretty well out on the ice.

Lars Berghagen: So you are a rookie now with the Pride. What are your goals coming in to the regular season?

Knute Knurtsson: Winning games, that's the big goal. I want to be able to contribute to the team, playing a good two-way game. I know I won't have any power play time and most likely won't play on the penalty kill. I hope I can chip in offensively, maybe not that regularly but I hope my play can be a factor in us winning. I don't really have any hope at all for the Jeester Trophy, It doesn't seem realistic with all the talented players making the jump from the SMJHL with me. But as a team I think that we can have a great year, I think we have a legit shot at the cup and it would be amazing to win the cup as a rookie.

Lars Berghagen: Thanks for your time Knute, We have to end the interview now but I hope to speak to you again soon...

WC: 675 not a native speaker.

[Image: knute.jpg]

pride

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Something tells me Knurtsson is going to be a Pride legend

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Noot noot

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner