Create Account

S72 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places

Well Dunkler certainly learned his lesson about checked baggage and discount airlines. A cancelled flight and missing luggage meant he was stuck in the Newark airport overnight, causing him to miss the SMJHL entry draft. His spirits were low, and he was trying to contemplate how we would make it back home in time to find a job for the summer when his phone rang.

Munching on an airport cinnamon roll, the groggy prospect answered the phone. “Hi Dunkler, this is tashae, co-GM of the Detroit Falcons. Do you have some time to answer some scouting questions?” Dunkler was gripped by two emotions. Joy, that his travel woes possibly had not doomed his prospect at a hockey career. And fear, because the cinnamon roll was now lodge in his throat and slowly suffocating him.

After a flurry of even more phone calls from other SMJHL GM’s, Dunkler had landed in Detroit for his introduction to the team and the facilities. The drafted rookies and veterans alike were already hard at work getting back into season shape, and took the time to welcome him to the city and arena. After the turmoil of the last 48 hours, Dunkler was ready to take the ice. And avoid cinnamon rolls for a little while.

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

Ivan Scochnikov JR-younger brother of Ivan Scochnikov he's looking to bring a little more success than his brother with being a hard worker and a team player

[Image: img]

Sadly part of the Unspeakable Horror's contract with the Nevada Battleborn was a series of stipulations and limits on its interactions with its Battleborn teammates. As a being of pure malice it's unlikely that the clauses demanded by one of the NBB GMs would hold any sway over the creature, however it's believed that the thought process was that Nevada would want stronger legal standing to expel the horror from the team should a bench player turn up half-eaten, or anything along those lines. Battleborn teammates were then justifiably unsure of how to welcome the horror to the team. Indeed, when one player took it upon themself to put together a greeting, the player turned and fled before they had even gotten within 60 meters of the Horror's team-designated cave (another stipulation in the contract)—indeed, the sense of terror and dread they felt was too much to handle. It's unlikely the Horror would have cared for the cake they were bringing anyways.

For the draftees of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League franchise located in Anchorage, Alaska that is known as the Armada, their welcoming from the team was certainly unorthodox. Immediately upon entering the Anchorage locker room, Sim Wen and the other draftees were immediately grabbed by Tony Soprano and Daniel Grumathan and pulled into a side room. From there they were informed that it was tradition for each draftee to be handed a banana and have to enter a door behind them one by one. Behind that door was teammate Little Monky who would be trying to get that banana from them. Each draftee would have to fight Little Monky whilst making their way through the room. Whoever failed to keep the banana from him would be on water bottle duty for the season. Should all rookies keep the banana then the slowest time would be chosen. After that it was a much more normal introduction to the rest of the team.

162 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Kenny Omega was a bit nervous before he walked into the Detroit Falcons locker room for the first time. He wasn't really sure what to expect, he's just left behind his life as a pro wrestler to chase his childhood dream of being a hockey player (now player left wing even though he played goalie as a kid), and he was worried he'd be looked at differently due to his non-traditional start in the sport, but those fears were quickly evaporated once he actually walked in. Everyone was immediately welcoming and helpful, and that set his mind at ease that he had made the correct choice after all. It seemed as if they had decided to throw a little party for him and his fellow draftees, nothing too spectacular but enough to let them all feel like they were part of the family. They were all given a rundown on what they could expect and were told that if they ever needed any help, all they would need to do is ask and they would be right there to provide it. Now, it's time for Kenny to set his mind on making a good impression on the ice.

Code:
Word count: 198 words

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2023, 12:03 PM by AK41.)

Hearing my players name being called on draft night, and to the Maine Timber nonetheless was a great honor. Through the pre-draft process, Maine was one of my top teams based on the conversations I had with their GM during the scouting process. Although I slipped down the board much further than many expected, I am grateful to be on the juniors team that I was hoping to play for! Upon entering the locker room, everyone was very warm and welcoming and were excited to have me on their team. I definitely felt at home upon arrival and was grateful to be playing alongside such a great group of friends. Being new to SHL, I was definitely anxious as to who I may know from other leagues, but also where I may find new people to cross paths with within the league. I am super excited to start my first junior season shortly and ready for what is to come with this career!

Code:
163 Words

Oh man, not again! Bongo had slept through the SMJHL draft, and had forgotten to declare himself eligible. But you know what they say, when one door closes, another one opens!

As a free agent, I am looking at going somewhere east, and in my home country, Canada. I had a chance to practice with Team Canada's junior squad. Of course, when I walked into the arena, jaws hit the floor. They must have heard about my numbers in bantam and midget hockey. You see, in Canada, they call me the touchdown prince, because i get seven goals a game, bare minimum. The transition into the Pro game is something very different. I think i'll only be putting up 2 or 3 per game. It was pathetic seeing these late draft picks try to ask me questions, like my name, or if i have any socko, or clear. Bongo's presence will be a present, in the SMJHL... i wonder will anyone offer me a deal.

After nearly skipping the draft entirely because he had forgotten the date and time, Nick Larsson was shocked and excited to have been taken by the Vancouver Whalers. Though he has no idea what he is doing, management saw potential in Larsson and took a gamble on him in the 3rd round. Upon his arrival in Vancouver, Larsson was enthusiastically congratulated by his teammates and management for being drafted. After meeting with his coaches to discuss expectations for the club, Larsson was unfortunately detained by Canadian police for jaywalking while exploring Vancouver with his new teammates. Because of this, he was deported back to his home country of Sweden where he has continued to train hard and focus on his goals with the Whalers. Hoping to reenter Canada in time for the preseason, Larsson has remained in close contact with management and is ready to earn his spot on the lineup when given the opportunity.

Soupre woke up to pick up a call
It was the SMJHL Officials who told him to get to the Draft
Soupre didn't spend time he bought a lunch
And went to the airport he bought a ticket to the US
It was a 4-hour flight
Finally arriving in Colorado he took a train to the City close to the Draft
Taking him 2 hours
He ran to the location
And went to take a seat 20 minutes in it started and he heard his name 37th overall pick is David Soupre Kelowna Knights he was pleased to speak to the General Managers the next day He rode to Kelowna
He walked to the stadium and opened the door to the locker room and was greeted by teammates and fellow draftees he did celebrate with the team they had a party the next day Soupre's career began
152 words

Quote:Congratulations on being drafted! The hard work starts now, and your teammates are all ready to get to know you!.

Written option: You just walked into the lockerroom for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include at least 150 words.

The Great Falls Grizzlies have been desperate for young impact centers for quite some time, so as soon as Jae-ik Barron and Jani Mänty walk in, fireworks are set off. There's a loud chorus of cheering, hooting, and hollering. Bottles of champagne are uncorked, spraying the expensive liquid everywhere.

Some of the press that have gathered to take pre-season interviews start fainting with their microphones still in hand. The police are called, but they too soon succumb to the drama and start beating each other with their batons. The walls of the dressing room begin to crumble as what was a celebration at the start slowly turns into a full blown riot.

The president is alerted. Several battalions of troops are quickly whisked away to Great Falls in order to quell the uprising. Brothers fight brothers in the street, dogs and cats continue their millenia-old dance of murder and mayhem, and the very fabric of society begins to pull apart at its seams. Humanity has reached its final form, and it is one of ruin and mayhem. The world will never recover.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Harry Sachs got the news that he was signed for the Newfoundland berserkers during the night. The day after Harry packed up all his stuff and went to meet his team and GM. When he came to the locker room he met all of the boys in the team. First we had some cold talk trying to get to know eachother. it was pretty awkward at first since it was such a new experience for harry sachs. But after a while we all started getting more comfortable talking to eachother and our GM ordered pizza. After dinner we went out to town and started taking some shots. Saddly Harry had too much to drink and had to go to the hospital for stomach pumping.

Atleast that night out drinking made everyone very close friends. It felt like we have known eachother for our whole lives. And now Harry is ready to be apart of Newfoundland.

Draft day in Kelowna was a lot of fun. While it’s not the first time that I have been drafted and likely not my last draft, it was definitely one of the better experiences that I’ve had being drafted to juniors. The Knights have a solid locker room and joining in the offseason is fun because some of the folks from last season are still around. There wasn’t too much pomp and circumstance but I suspect that is more likely as a result of draft day being in the middle of the week instead of on the weekend. It was really fun to put on a new jersey with my name plate on it. Now, I’m more excited about the regular season getting going and starting to play some games. The first few games after draft day are the best because the home fans really celebrate the new additions to the franchise and hopefully we cam get the new forwards some points.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Jean-François Bokassa walks into the Anchorage Armada locker room after a long ride from the Anchorage airport. The arena isn’t that far from the Airport, but Jean-François looks totally out of place and his taxi driver has totally taken advantage of him. The 6’7’ 258 lbs African defenseman has a commanding presence as he makes his way down the hallway and into the locker room. Most of his teammates look in awe at the absolute size of the lad, a real unit. Jean-François smiles and says hello, to which a bunch of the teammates say various forms of hi and hello before looking back down to continue putting on their equipment. Jean-François knows he is going to have to prove himself as a rookie on this seasoned SMJHL roster. Everyone knows that dozens of rookies enter the league every year only to flame out, barely even hitting 250 TPE. Jean-François is in this for the long haul and has dreams of making it to the SHL level.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride