Create Account

S72 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2023, 10:51 AM by Pyro182. Edited 1 time in total.)

Congratulations on being drafted! The hard work starts now, and your teammates are all ready to get to know you!.
Written option: You just walked into the lockerroom for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include at least 150 words.
Graphic option: Make an image depicting a couple of members of your team hanging out together in the locker room. Must include the team logo somewhere.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S72 SMJHL Rookies (S73 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, July 30th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

PT pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The Story of Mac Turner's introduction to the Regina Locker-room:
Following being Drafted Mac was swiftly introduced to the team. First Mac said hi to his new GM who introduced him to his new teammates. Following suit they played a quick game of ping pong. Though it was a friendly game, the game was intense in that the ball caught fire(Cause Unknown).

The new rookies held a competition for whoever could eat the most pizza slices in a row. Mac wanted the competition to be whoever could eat the most Mac n Cheese but then he would surely have the advantage. It ended up being a tie with the most anyone could eat was 7.

Mac's new teammates were all very welcoming each saying Hi. Mac is very excited to get to know his new team and even more excited to play for the Regina Elks!

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

After years and years of dedication to hockey, Gavin Harrison has finally made it! Walking into the locker room as a new player was stressful to Gavin, but his team immediately made him feel welcomed. Upon entering they greeted him with applause and handshakes. Gave introductions and immediately began giving advice and insider information on the top players in the league. What players to keep an eye on, and who tended to shoot low, or high. 

They also gave him a good idea of the people he would be tasked with shutting down every game. Most importantly to him, they gave him advice on what he needed to improve and how he could do it. Whether it was some new workout regiment or just a new technique to stop players in their tracks. 

When he walked up to his locker, his name posted above it he was surprised to see that there was a notebook with a note that simply said "Good luck against this competition". Upon opening a notebook he saw it was filled from front to back with each player's insider information on, the competition, just highlighting what everyone had already shared with him.

[Image: Gavin_Harrison.png][Image: harisson.png]

Mephistopheles Morgonstjärna. The name that didn't fit the little sticker above the locker. Instead it just said Mephistopheles. As he entered the room for the first time he took it all in, the falcon logo in the middle of the room. The legends faces on the walls, the trophy cases. He wants to be there, he wants to be the deciding factor.
Mephistopheles wasn't the first pick, but he rarely is. Others can't be expected to have the same level of confidence in him as he does. He didn't talk with anyone before going to Detroit, he left it all back on Germany and he doesn't plan to look back. As they all settled down and started talking Mephistopheles confidently stated "They will hear the rumble, they will feel the thunder. I'm here to clap bombs from the blue line and I refuse to be humble about it. I have the utmost confidence in myself, and you can depend on me to give it my all game after game"

RETIRED

Last night was an exciting night for all the SMJHL prospects. Draft night is always a whirlwind and full of suspense.I went into the draft not really sure where I was heading. I circled a couple of spots where I felt I could go, but I will say I did not circle 8th overall to the Regina Elk. We had some talks for sure, but I couldn't really gauge how they felt after that interview. Turns out they felt good and I became an Elk on draft night along with Mac Turner and Red Panda.

They welcomed us all last night and into this morning and have been really welcoming to us so far. They have a solid foundation on the team already and I'm just hoping I can come in and help them win. It's only been a couple of days, but things are going to pick up really fast here and I can't wait to dig in and get really immersed in the Regina locker room. I'm ready for my career to begin and I know they won't regret drafting me last night.

(185 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Let’s get one thing straight. Brooklyn is both a dynamite hockey player AND an absolute bombshell.

So when she walks in to the locker room, she turns heads. Never mind the fact that she is 5’11” which is easily on the tall end for gals.

Her lightly bronzed skin due to a love of spending time at the beach will also serve as eye catching. In fact, at the SMJHL Combine she was quoted as saying “If I could somehow skate at the beach, I would. Our Lakeside house back in Toronto had its own little Venice Beach setup just so I could train in the sun.”

While there is no personal arrogance, there is an air of “my team is the best team” that powers every athlete to some degree. Pushing past the adversity of playing against men in the greatest simulation league is a large part of what is going to drive Brooklyn.

Without a doubt this dynamite dame will put in all the work to push herself and the Kelowna Knights to the next height of their history.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Ondrej was fully under the impression he wouldn't be drafted, but a few hours before the draft he was bombarded with scouts and gms looking to get a book ok him. He was surprised to find that not only was he drafted, but he was drafted in the second round! He was introduced quickly to his new team, The Newfoundland Berzerkers.

He received a very warm welcome and was asked a few silly questions to break the ice such as "What are your top 5 sauces?" And "What are your thoughts on R?" He then claimed it was his favorite English letter and made a tier list for every letter in the alphabet. Every newly drafted player recieved one free crab as a welcome to the locker room. The vibes are good and he is super excited to get a start on his new pro career with the Zerkers.

Nik Smith

New places can be quite overwhelming when you first go. The off chance that you are not accepted and things go south is a real probability. It's things like that, that makes New people nervous. But it turned out Nik had nothing like that to worry about. 

The reaction for Nik was very warm to the Colorado locker room. Coming in as part of a large draft class as he was. It was interesting to see all the new faces. As well it was good to be told that they were surprised that I ended up to them as a 3rd round selection. The locker room vibe is something thay is good for a player like Nik because he wants to be the defensive anchor for his team going forward.

Everyone was kind and willing to help out. And Nik is looking forward to help get Colorado a Championship win.

[Image: smith2.png]

It is an absolute honour being drafted into the SMJHL. Especially being drafted to the Detroit Falcons, an organization that has both a a legacy and a comfort to Prince. Viktor Marius, Prince Marius father grew up playing in Detroit and unfortunately couldn’t win a 4 Star Cup. Walking into the dressing room, seeing the mural of legends adorning the walls, seeing the countless banners in the rafters, and seeing the section that honoured his now late father, a small relocation of his dressing room with a bronze statue of viktors Detroit jersey.

The emotions are there. For Prince, there is joy, sadness, and fear coursing through his veins. He knows the investment Detroit has made to select him and even though his goals are set, there is doubt. The Detroit Falcons are going to win cups, it’s a matter of when, but for Prince, there is no if. He will win.

The moment Kristian Seppanen heard he was drafted to Yukon, he booked his flights from Helsinki directly to Whitehorse. Co-GMs Fluw and BadWolf met Seppanen on the tarmac as he arrived, and chatted in the sled ride over to the arena, teaching him essential words like “Malamute,” “Yukon,” “Poutine” (is it poo-tin, or poo-teen? Nobody knows) and “Tabernak.”

Upon arrival to the Takhini Arena, Seppanen’s teammates lined the hall to the locker room, cheering the 11th overall pick on as he opened the doors. Seppanen, an experienced hockey player, anticipated a prank as he got to his locker - but was met with nothing but an odd smell and overwhelming support in getting his locker set up, learning to pronounce his teammates names, and signing his contract.

After a couple of hours of chatting, a brief Malamutes history lesson, and camaraderie in the locker room, all of the rookies had arrived and settled in - and that’s when some of the veterans made a suggestion: a rookie skate in their new jerseys. So the rookies laced their skates, put on their jersey, and headed out to the ice.

As Seppanen approached the tunnel, he noticed the smell get stronger. As he proceeded, it became increasingly overwhelming until he got to the ice, which was bright yellow. This is where he learned the source.

As it so happens, over the offseason, the Yukon Malamutes began testing a new psychological warfare tactic against their opponents - replacing the ice in the rink with frozen Malamute piss. Looking down at his skates, shaking his head, and questioning why he submitted his papers to be drafted in the SMJHL.

However, after 2-3 minutes of the rookie skate, the remainder of the players on the team came on to the ice and joined the rookies for the skate. Captain Alvin Wong had the players line up along the blue line, and gave a comprehensive and moving speech about how the team is going to do whatever it takes to bring the Malamutes their first championship in S73.

As such, what began as a rookie prank became a team building exercise. The Malamutes are ready for the start of S73.

Jonas had never considered himself a nervous individual. He'd spent most of his life playing competitive sports in front of crowds ranging from "just parents" to "regional collegiate championships" and had never once been what he would describe as nervous. But as he and his fellow rookies stood outside the locker room, glancing at each other, rocking back and forth in anticipation, he felt the slightest fluttering in his gut. His first taste of "nerves".

He didn't like it.

But he was able to swallow hard and push it aside as the doors swung open, revealing a locker room festooned in bright yellow and dark green streamers, while a crowd of men screamed at them in such excitement that you'd think they had all won the lottery. Compared to the kind of party one would expect athletes to throw, this was to Jonas' estimation rather tame. Wings, beer, pizza, a giant Knights cake that was actually just made up of little cupcakes frosted over. One of the guys had set up his Switch on the projector and a rousing game of Mario Kart was going strong. It wasn't some extravagant night on the town filled with liquor and strippers, but Jonas walked out of that room feeling a true sense of belonging and a renewed sense of purpose. It had been perfect.

[Image: npBt0yK.png]

Graham Schwartz was genuinely happy and proud to meet his new teammates. After a few discussions with the Vancouver organization, he was expecting to get selected by the team. Upon arriving at the arena, he finally met the rest of the staff and was introduced to his new teammates. With no difficulty in bonding with people, Graham quickly introduced himself and engaged in conversations with some of the veterans. He then had a productive discussion with the coach about the upcoming season and his future role in the organization.
After a quick morning skate, Graham and some of his teammates decided to explore Vancouver for the rest of the day. In the evening, they went to a bar to enjoy themselves, as many junior hockey players do. Eager to fit in and be accepted, Graham ended up consuming too much alcohol and spent the night on the couch of one of his new teammates.

[Image: fki5.png]

With the SMJHL draft done Jani Mänty finds himself from an unexpected position as he wakes up from his sleep to find out that his services are no longer needed in Anchorage and he needs to head to Montana instead.

He is last of three new draftees to arrive at the location, though at this point he doesn't yet know it. On the way to the team locker room Jani is greeted by some staff members of the team who are already at the arena. He finally reaches a door with a distinct Grizzly logo which he carefully then opens. In the room he sees 3 members of the team with other two prospects, another forward, Jae-ik Barron and a defenseman Declan Van Ryker who are both already talking engaged in conversation with other 3 members of the team.

They are some of most veteran members of the team, one of the turns towards Jani. "Hi, I'm Levin Schattenaxt and it seems that we finally have the whole group together. Here in Great Falls everything is great, our team is great our drafting is great and our celebrations are great. Even our MVP award, the Golden Salmon of Excellence is great and so we expect great things from you too." As he says that he nods to other two who pull out some fine Salmons as we leave them to their devices. Last thing you can hear from the locker is a voice saying that don't forget there's also that reptilian thing.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

[Image: JinrxZK.jpg]
from L to R; Liam Rodgers, Nik Smith, Jussi Mutou, Valerija Serapin, Update Portal, Xavier Beausoleil

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig