Create Account

S71 SMJHL Postseason Bonanza
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2023, 09:42 PM by Thunfish. Edited 2 times in total.)

Milestones, 2 TPE

12. To properly examine one of the draftees, I was given the very valuable opportunity to travel to the tiny village of Schubbekutteveen in Zeeland, the Netherlands. As it turns out, this unmapped village is the hometown of draft prospect Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen, a center who played the past couple of months as a member of the Saint Louis Scarecrows. His background is actually of noble blood, as his father happens to be a long-serving count of the kingdom and this was key to his life in many ways: it led to his time in university and it was also how he was able to afford a life playing hockey in junior teams.

According to both parents, siblings (he's one of ten), family friends and even some personal friends; Sunrise took to several things in his life and ice hockey was probably one of the few that lasted that long in his mind. He has mostly played as a center though some school friends mentioned that he played left winger for them at times, usually very competently. Former teammates of his in Zeeland noted that he was also very studious and quick to improve, something that remained a highly significant characteristic of his when it came to his student life.

When it comes to his play, most of my research on his career has pointed to a player who is very much unselfish in his handling of the puck, something very much shown with his forty-one assists with the Scarecrows in this past season although, on terms of numbers, it's still not his peak thanks to a crazy fifty assist toll when playing for the reserves of German club Kölner Haie. Still, one can suspect that this has to do with a visible and rather obviously so change of pace when it comes to his opposition.

On that topic, his smaller build is accompanied by an un-ignorable quickness that should at least count as eye-catching for some of the bulkier teams out there. Not to say that he's exactly the sort of player that screams boundless potential but the Dutch export could, as he has already shown, serve well as a coadjuvant or a line piece that will do his best while not expecting much above. Rising to the scene is where his profile cracks: it's hard to tell if he's in it for the level of play or merely just adding more to his adventurous life. The few times the prospect was inquired about his desire to play, the answers were commonly simplistic and perhaps a little bit non-committing.

With that in mind, I'd recommend not selecting him early as it's very likely any high-picking team can find something better in the pool. Not to say any team would be badly served in having him as a middle-round pick, it's just that you can probably find some visible diamonds available and Sunrise might not be that sort of player.

(506 words - 10 TPE)

14. Surprisingly, Sunrise opted to enquire to the nearby St. Louis University whether he could visit their facilities and perhaps engage in a talk with members of the Biochemistry Department. Van de Schubbekutteveen, a Cologne graduate himself, had his interest peaked about some of their projects and figured that his presence there would perhaps serve as fuel to possibly progress some theoretical work. To the Dutchman, the idea of going into something different for a change of pace while still remaining near his team before the draft went ahead was something he was very keen on. "I can work out and have a rich talk with people, that should be good whatever way you put it," stated Sunrise.

He did note some other plans for his vacations like visiting the zoo, watching the local soccer club and possibly enjoying some of the musical options in town. Sunrise did mention the idea of buying a place to stay but noted he would rather wait until being promoted to a major league team as the whole process of moving his things around would probably be a bit of a mouthful and get in the way of the important things. All in all, he'll definitively be in for a handful of things before the draft actually starts.

(214 words - 4 TPE)

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2023, 04:47 PM by Reedy0rNot. Edited 1 time in total.)

1.) For fan appreciation day the Anchorage Armada is going to be giving out a 1/500 scale replica of one of three different ships from the United States Navy. They will be given out at random to each fan. First is the USS Port Royal it was a Ticonderoga-class guided missile cruiser. Second is the USS Zumwalt it is a guided missile destroyer. The last one is the USS Gerald R. Ford it was the lead ship of her class of United States Navy aircraft carriers. We plan to celebrate fan appreciation day on October 13, which also happens to be the birthday of the United States Navy. I would like to play another team from the USA and wear an alternate jerseys. That looks more like a navy uniform. I think everyone should sign their jersey and auction them off to raise money for a great Navy charity. This will also pay homage to where we draw our name from. “We are the Armada.” 
(3 TPE)

14.)  I am a big believer in rest and recovery. This offseason I do not plan to take much time off. But I will probably take a week to go home to Ohio to see some of my family that I missed during season. Meet up with my lifelong friend, Austin Morley and talk about how his season went as a whole. After that, I believe me and him would probably get back to grinding for next season. I did a great job this season and stayed away from injury. Ice baths and sauna. The trainers at Anchorage did a great job coming up with a recovery program for me. 
(2 TPE)

18.)Milestones    [b] #22  (3 TPE)[/b]

[b]Code:

[/b]

Code:
Charity Drive - 3 TPE
[Image: IMG_2053.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2023, 07:03 PM by MyLittleHexx.)

1. Fan Appreciation Day - 3

For Fan Appreciation Day this season, the St. Louis Scarecrows asked each player to design a gift to be given to each fan. If multiple players suggested the same gift, it would still be made. When the task was given to Sven Holmberg, he had to think a long time about it. Having been in the city for only a few months, he wasn't sure what the best item would be to give to the fans. He didn't want to do the usual bobble head or rally towel, he wanted to give out something unique. After a few days of thinking, he came up with the best idea for a gift. It would be a plushie of a scarecrow and a plushie of an ear of corn. Who wouldn't want to snuggle up at night with a plushie scarecrow or corn. It was the best gift, and something all the Scarecrow fans would enjoy!

154 Words

2. Looking Towards the Future - 2

Going into the next season, St. Louis will have some spots to fill in their lineup. Though they have a young team, they still have holes they could plug. The biggest weak spot they have will be defense. This season, they will lose one of their best defensemen in David Doug. In addition current player Dee Fence will need to be replaced if he doesn't show great improvement. The defensive play was the weakest link in the Scarecrows game, as they would lose 2 games in a row to fail to beat Colorado in a best of 7 series this year during playoffs.

103 Words

3. Secret Plans - 5

This offseason, St. Louis has started to brainstorm plans on how to get an advantage over the competition next year. The first few ideas were the roughest, with someone suggesting they place a stick boy in the rafters of the arena and have him use binoculars to see the plays the other coach was drawing up. He would then bang a trashcan to signal to the bench what players were about to be made. This idea was quickly nixed as the player was reminded they are playing hockey, not baseball, as well as the fact they aren't in Houston. The next idea was more grounded, with the simple suggestion they turn the heat all the way up in the visiting lockerroom and lock access to the controls to change it. This idea started to snowball, as suggestions poured on. From sticking a dead fish in the ventilation to that lockerroom, to covering every third player stall in a slightly sticky substance. Most of the players agreed that the heater all the way up would be the least conspicuous, so they decided to do that. More extreme ideas were mandatory steroids shots for all rookies and players in their final year in the league. Another one was making sure specific spots on the ice were built up to look like ice, but were really large divots so the other team would trip over them and ruin their skate blades. The idea that shut down an plan talk was to lock a tiger in the other teams locker room after the start of the third period.

264 words

8. An Alternate Timeline - 3

If Sven Holmberg wasn't playing for the St. Louis Scarecrows and was playing this playoffs, he thinks he would be playing with the Colorado Raptors. His role on the team would largely be the same as his role on St. Louis. A penalty killer that is willing to step in front of every shot, blocking as many shots as he could. Using his body to separate players from the puck, and going to war along the boards. He likely wouldn't have much power play time, but the coach would trust him to skate with the puck when he was out on the ice. Someone that can quarterback a play when needed, but also knows when to dump and chase the puck. He'd be a player they would look upon to mold into a top pairing defenseman, someone they could start a rebuild around, but also move to get draft picks in if needed.

153 words

12. On the Radar - 3

Sven Holmberg - Defense
Right Handed Shot
Positives - Blocks shots, kills penalties, good hockey IQ
Negatives - Not likely to shoot, sloppy passes

Sven Holmberg finished the season on St. Louis Scarecrows with 3 goals, 19 assists, and a minus 6. He averaged nearly 21 minutes of ice time throughout the season. He had an outstanding 190 blocked shots throughout the season, with an additional 58 hits. He gave away the puck 20 times, while taking the puck away 32 times.

Holmberg showed great improvement throughout the season, remaining consistent with his training. He never let the lows bother him, while also not letting his ego get too big during the highs of the season. His coaches described him as coachable and easy to work with, a team first attitude. He has expressed a high desire to play in the SHL as soon as possible, hoping to spend only one more season in juniors. Expect to see him go late second round.

154 words or something idk

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2023, 08:02 PM by bibleman19. Edited 1 time in total.)

12 on the radar - 461 words 9 TPE

Scott Seitz is one of the more exciting players for the upcoming season 72 simulation hockey league draft. While not regarded as one of the premier talents in the draft he is currently slated to go somewhere in the mid second round area. Personally I think this is underselling the raw skill presented by the large German in his rookie campaign. Much like his position in the season 71 simulation major junior hockey league draft, where he was selected in the third round, I think ol' Scotty will quickly prove to be a steal once again.

Hailing from Düsseldorf, the 6 foot center, played left wing for his rookie campaign on the Vancouver Whalers, where he dazzled right away. Notching 1 goal and 3 assists in his first 3 smjhl games he proved to be a contributing member to Whalers as a rookie. By the end of the season he had racked up twenty five goals, forty two assists for sixty seven points, good for fourth in league scoring. With stats like that he is surely going to acquire some rookie of the year votes, which is fantastic for a third round pick.

In terms of what shl teams have to look forward to is definitely his shooting. It seems like no matter where he is on the ice he is able to pick his spot and score, this ability was on full desplay this season with his 25 goals as a rookie. Another impressive quality is his capability to steal the puck from the opposition. This is incredibly helpful as it diffuses opposing chances as well as gives your team another crack at having possession.

On the other hand Scott is not a perfect prospect. His passing is a bit lacking for someone who clearly presents themself as an offensive threat. Another problem is that despite being a natural center he spent his entire rookie season at left wing. That's because like most young centers entering the league their face off skills are not up to snuff. This is an ability that should improve with age and experience but for now it is a weak aspect of his game.

I think there will a couple of teams that will regret not taking this guy when they had the chance. He is in an interesting position, where a team that sold off their talent for picks could snag him in the late first, or a competitive team could try to grab him to try to jam their window open a couple of more seasons. Regardless of what happens he will be an interesting name to watch on draft day, and perhaps there's the chance a strong world junior championship with team Germany could bump his stock up a couple of places.

14. R&R 272 words 5 TPE

During the off season Scott Seitz likes to return home to Germany, and visit with those that made his smjhl dream a reality. First he obviously visits with his family at his childhood home, catches up with his parents and siblings, as well as his pet cat robbie. After that he goes down to his childhood team to catchup with his coaches, ask them if they watched much of his rookie season and to ask for areas of his game he can improve in. He also uses his alumni privlages to get a little practice in to remain sharp over the off season. At dinner time Scott likes to meet up with Old friends and treat them to a nice meal with his salary. Be they old classmates, or line mates or even just child hood friends he likes to pay it back to those that molded him into the person he is today.

In terms of preparing for the upcoming SHL draft he tries not to think about it too much but it obviously weighs on him to some degree. What team you get picked to could be the difference between having your name immortalized in the history books forever, or just being another forgotten name in the sands of time. He's spoken with his parents about how he primarily wants to go somewhere where he can make an impact. Be a known name and win a championship for that city. He's unsure whether he'll be a first round pick but he is hell bent on being a player people look back on and say "how did he go that low?"

+2 TPE - Milestones

3. Secret Plans

It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

I shouldn't really be talking about our most secret plans, I'd hate to think someone else would steal our ideas, but we all need that sweet, sweet TPE, so whatever. I was sneaking around our head office trying to get my Tamogatchi back that our trainer confiscated from me, and couldn't help but eavesdrop on what R&D was cooking up for next year. In an effort to save money on new equipment, specifically shoulder pads and chest protectors, all the players will have to opportunity to elect to have "Tactical Breast Augmentation Surgery". Anyone who chooses to accept the procedure will be equipped with anywhere from double d to triple m sized implants, based on their risk assessment level. In theory, the silicone filled funbags will absorb up to 50x more kinetic energy than standard gear, and weigh about 20x less, allowing for faster play, more maneuverability, and less injuries. Definitely food for thought, I think they mentioned something about attendance records being broken as well...

(166 words)

14. R&R

It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time this offseason, whether it be with family or friends.

I think I'll be putting myself to work this offseason working with my adoptive father, Mats, by helping him run his roaming pickled fish and lox truck. After spending all my money on "weekly training", I could use a couple extra bucks to pop down on a weekend and visit the red light district - I mean, Sweden?

(57 words)

15. Charity Drive

Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Write about a charity or event that your player helped out with.

Just before I was signed to the Timber, I was volunteering with a charity group in South Boston called Cinnamon Angels Fly Fly Away (CAFFA). It's an organization that raises awareness about the rising trend of children who are allergic to cinnamon. It's not quite as aggressive as peanuts or gluten, and with the proper research done, no one has to be hurt by cinnamon again. We actually did a bake sale last week! I made...churros. Ah shit.

(78 words)

(301 words total)

Wheezing and eating.

1. It's custom to pay a lot of lip service to the fans and fan appreciation day is a great way to do this. The suckers really eat it up. The bean counters say it's a great way to get butts in seats for the future seasons as the fans like whatever little things the team throws their way. When MyPudding was approached to be involved, they readily agreed. Stupid rookies, always signing up for shit like this as if they don't have better things to do... MyPudding plans to have special commemorative cups of pudding with all new special flavors to present to the fans on this most special day. Some flavors include Hockey Player Sweat, Gloved Knuckle Sandwich, Sweat Victory, and Melted Ice. The taste testers in the labs were worried that the reception wouldn't be as great as MyPudding seems to think, but MyPudding isn't one to listen to the naysayers. If he'd listened to those losers, he never would have gone pro with his pudding stirring, and look at him now! MyPudding will, of course, be signing the pudding cups for a few hours live at the event and hopes to see plenty of supporters coming out to expand their pudding-tasting horizons with those delightful new flavors. When those supplies run out, he plans to fall back on the more traditional pudding flavors like chocolate, vanilla, chocolate, chocolate, and banana. But mostly chocolate, because it's the best pudding flavor and MyPudding honestly can't understand how anyone could roll with something different, unless it's one of their own creations. The giveaway will be on July 32nd. (268 words, +5).

3. I-Stir MyPudding is going to be hard at work this offseason perfecting a pudding stirring technique and pudding stirring equipment that will give them the edge in the seasons to come. Obviously the offseason is often about taking care of your body so you can both heal and be in game shape coming into the next season. You often see stories in the news about how some player plans to come back In ThE BeSt ShApE oF tHeIr CaRrEeR...MyPudding plans to take this a step further and come back in the best physical shape of their career AND at the top of their game in other areas, like mental fitness and pudding stirring. MyPudding is already having the lab rats back home draw up plans for the spoon that will be the most efficient delivery vehicle for pudding imaginable on the bench. You see, MyPudding uses pudding on the bench in the way some other players may eat a banana, smell some salts (sure...salts...), or hydrate. Pudding is a spectacular invention that can do all of the above! It wakes you right up, is the perfect solution to deliver nutrients straight into the body, and also tastes great. But MyPudding has been hampered in the bast by suboptimal spoon design. That has to change if they want to be at the very tip top of their game. So they plan to spend the summer testing the various spoons the labrats draw up and making sure he has enough of them ready to go to find that extra little bit of performance on the ice. (264 words, +5)

12. MyPudding is, perhaps, the strangest player I have ever met. How on earth did a player whose claim to fame has nothing to do with their on-ice performance make it so far as a pro? Read below to find some answers to what is one of the most perplexing series of questions in juniors hockey right now. MyPudding, when asked about how they plan to prepare for the upcoming draft, simply replied "by stirring, and subsequently, of course, consuming, larger amounts of pudding than anyone else believed possible. I plan on getting ALL my nutrients through pudding this offseason." Dieticians are stumped, and front offices have expressed concern that the radical new diet may not allow the promising youngster to get into proper shape before the season. MyPudding's junior GMs at the Battleborn facilities just had their eyes glaze over when we started asking questions I can only assume they've heard a few million times already. (157, +3)

18: Milestones +3
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2023, 10:55 PM by takethehorizon. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
2. Looking Towards the Future
As we near the end of S71, the SMJHL draft will be happening soon. Going into next season, what are your team's biggest needs and areas of strength? Do any holes need to be filled with call-ups? Do you have a position that is incredibly stacked? Give us all an overview of your team, from top to bottom.

Overview of the Great Falls Grizzlies from top to bottom. Heading into next season, the Grizzlies will need to be on the prowl 'so to speak' for center depth. This season, Great Falls had 0 depth down the middle and it showed. Unable to win faceoffs costs your team valuable time with the puck therefore not allowing you to put the puck on the opponents net and score goals. Grizzlies should look to center first and foremost this offseason signing at least 2 solid centermen. Winger depth can be looked at as well but once the centers are taken care of. Going beyond that, having additional dmen allow limited scoring chances for the opponent which makes life easier on the goaltender. I'm sure every team would like to have deep 3 lines of defense but that's the Grizzlies strong suit and shouldn't be looked at before addressing the forward depth. Fortunately for the Great Falls Grizzlies, goaltender is a position they shouldn't have to look into at least for another season or 2 as long as Kavanagh remains up for the challenge. The Grizzlies should be a eyeing a higher pick in the first round this season due to their abysmal record last year. Let's hope the upcoming draft class is filled with prospects having talent in the faceoff dot!

Word Count: 220 = 4 TPE

Code:
13. Superstitious
In the NHL there’s a well known superstition that any team that touches their conference championship trophy won’t win the Stanley Cup. Are there any superstitions like that in the SMJHL playoffs? If so, what are they? Where do they come from? Does your player believe in them? Why or why not?

Goalies in general are known to be extra superstitious and Beau Kavanagh is no different! Beau's pre-game regime has been the same since he started playing back in grade school. No matter what time the game is, Beau needs a plate of pasta with fresh cheese graded on top accompanied by a large glass of sparkling water. "I did it once before a playoff game when I was younger and played lights out. It was a 45 save shutout and I swore to myself I would never not go into a game without eating a full plate of pasta ever again". It's not just Kavanagh's diet that remains the same before each and every game. They way Beau puts on his pads before warmups has always been a constant. Kavanagh always puts his skates on first before any other pading. First the skates, then the girdle then the chest protector followed by the helmet. He puts each layer on from bottom to top in order. For example, he would never put his girdle on then his skates or his jersey before his helmet. Each layer, bottom to top in order. When Beau skates out to the ice, he greets each post separately and speaks briefly to each one before rubbing it before good luck. No one knows exactly what he says or if he says the same thing before each game, Beau wouldn't care to comment, "that's between me and my pipes". Lastly, when leaving the ice, Beau is always last off and remains in the locker room after every has left before undressing his pads. Teammates think it could be because he's self conscious about his body or he has some embarassing tattoo. Others believe he throws a dance party after wins just with himself. Goalies are extremely superstitious and Beau Kavanagh is clearly no different. 

Word Count: 307 = 6 TPE

Code:
14. R&R
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time this offseason, whether it be with family or friends.

Beau like his older brother Cillian plans to spend his first offseason back home in Ireland to take a break from all of the hustle and bustle. His brother Cillian would always look forward to coming home and seeing young Beau back home between seasons with the Texas Renegades. And Beau is no different. Beau enjoys seeing family, enjoying time with his cousins and spending precious time in Ireland's great outdoors. Beau loves to fish, hike, hunt and spend time with his childhood friends. Beau can often be found hanging out at his brother's lake house, driving the boat around the lake with some buds and brews enjoying life. It's the quiet time he misses the most, "the SMJHL is great but when i'm in the US, I have to be on - on all the time and it gets exhausting after awhile." "I look forward going home to just be me, be Beau Kavanagh not the goalie but son, friend and boring old Beau." Beau plans to move his family to North America after the draft once he gets placed on an SHL team. He's excited for the opportunity to play hockey for a such a large organization but for now is enjoying life away from the rink.

Word Count: 208 = 4 TPE

Code:
18. Milestones - COMING SOON
You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim. They will come soon!

Milestone Claim = 2 TPE

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

+3 TPE - 6 Milestones

+3 TPE - ISFL Affiliate

+10 TPE - 500 Words

12. On the Radar (256 Words)

Hailing from the small village of Haltwhistle, England, Bernard Lodge has become a local hero after his success with the Maine Timber in his rookie season. After being the first goalie drafted in the Season 71 SMJHL Draft at 13th overall, Lodge has gone above and beyond expectations. The undersized goalie led the league in Wins and Shutouts while only playing in 45 games. Lodge was also quite efficient in his starts, leading the league in Goals Against Average, was fourth in Goals Saved Above Average, and fifth in save percentage. Between this outstanding performance and his hometown's short distance to the historic landmark, Lodge has been earned the nickname Hadrian's Wall from local sportswriters in Portland, a moniker that is spreading as his team continues to do well. So how has Lodge done so well? The promising youngster has a knack for finding the best position to protect the net day in and day out, his stamina an endless well. He also does well with his glove and blockers, while his reflexes are up more than up to snuff. His legend only continues to grow as he has helped lead his team back to the Four Star Cup Finals, winning seven out of the ten games he has played in, with two of the wins being shutouts. It will be interesting to see how the Timber do in their rematch against their storied rivals in Newfoundland. Clearly the best goalie in his draft class, how will the result of the series affect his draft position?

16. Goals (200 Words)

Initially, I planned on taking the SHL extremely casually. I was already max earning in the ISFL and was GM of my DSFL team. I planned on earning well enough, but wasn't expecting to be all that active. However, being a part of Maine's locker room has turned that all around for me. I had only wanted to go to Maine due to it being the closest to a hometown team for me, but the culture has drawn me in fully. I am max earning and am quite active in the locker room, celebrating every win and mourning every loss. Additionally, I have even picked up a job as an updater, allowing myself to purchase training each week. I have been max earning all season, currently sitting at third in my class in TPE. My player has also been blessed by the sim, taking every advantage of the roster the leadership in Maine has built. Admittedly, this is another major reason that I have bought in. I am excited to have a player with a hot start, which I expect will inspire me to continue max earning for my entire career, hoping to one day make the Hall of Fame.

9. What's in a Name? (66 Words)
I would like to give a shout-out to two of my favorite names from two of my favorite users. @Gadget's player Dee Fence, defender for the St. Louis Scarecrows, has an all time defender name. @Weaves's player on the Kelowna Knights, goalie Activity Check is an all time simulation sports name in general. I suspect these names will carry them to greatness for seasons to come.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2023, 02:01 AM by jsteele14. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Fan Appreciate Day
This one is one that Aksel VINSen immediately jumped up at the opportunity to schedule something like this for the Nevada Battleborn team. It is something that has been brought over, but it also includes an item that is a way to represent Aksel VINSen being on the team. The item of course is a stuffed animal of the battleborn mascot that is holding a sign that says "VINS". Some people may ask what in the world does "VINS" even mean? I mean even people across different leagues are not too sure of what the word means. It has grown across the other sports worlds and of course with now a player on the team that has the word in their surname, it could even add to being a rally cheer for that player. So, the team is planning on the opening home game on the season a way to celebrate fans is by providing a stuffed animal to all of the fans and there are two choices to pick from when you go to get your stuffed animal. Of course the first option is the safest being that it is a stuffed animal holding a sign over their head that says "Nevada Battleborn!" And then the other option of course is to include this new word that people have been shouting all over the place. A battleborn stuffed animal that is holding a sign over its head saying "VINS" and yes all letters will be capitalized. It is also a way to cheer for the player that is recently new to Nevada being the Left Winger Aksel VINSen. So why not. Who does not love getting a stuffed animal? Anyway, the size of the stuffed animals will be a mid sized, where you can squeeze the thing in your arms, but it isn't too small or too big where it takes up a ton of room. The team is hoping that all of the fans including the young or the older ones will enjoy it and being able to keep this with them at home to cheer for Nevada!
Code:
350 Words

4. Funtimes
So the Nevada Battleborn have decided to name the new guy, Aksel VINSen, as the fun director of the team. Aksel was not sure if this was a prank of some sorts, or maybe a "haze" to a point, but he was completely caught off guard when during a team meeting it was announced that he was the one responsible to conduct some sort of event and things to do so everyone would enjoy and have a great time so they can all work together, have fun, and do some good old fashioned team building stuff. The first thing was the most difficult. With Aksel being the new guy in town he did not have too much experience when it came to being in Nevada, let alone finding something for the entire team to do to have fun. So of course the first thing that he did was go look things up on Google to try and get this ready. Aksel wanted to make his teammates happy and show that he wants to make sure this team is enjoying one another. So, he went to the internet and the first things he saw were of course..... going to Las Vegas, specifically the strip. The gambling capitol of the United States, the place where everyone likes to go and waste some money and just enjoy all the things it has to offer. Including gambling, alcohol, museums, themed locations, and just an abundance of locals out on the street having a good time and trying to earn some money. Aksel thought this would be a perfect idea, but wanted to save that for the last thing. He wanted to plan something that spanned across the whole day, if not, the entire week! Something that the team can do each day in Nevada while the season is not in session. So, the plan was to start by taking everyone out to eat at Gordon Ramsey's Hell's Kitchen restaurant. Perfect for team building and of course it is a bit pricey which would add to the "hazing" of Aksel VINSen, but he did not care. He just wanted to show his appreciation to the team for welcoming him so he wanted to do a good job at being the "Fun Director". After dinner, he had planned for the team to go to Top Golf! A great place to joke around, drink, eat, and play some golf. The vibes there were just amazing, with jokes, dares, and laughs non stop across the team. And then finally, after they were done being at Top Golf, Aksel VINSen took the team to of course the strip. Where the team went in and out to different casinos, winning some money, and of course losing a lot more. In the end, Aksel felt like he did well as the team's fun director as the team spent all day together and almost the entire time they were cracking jokes, and just laughing. Aksel, of course was thrilled and even told the general manager that he would love to schedule another event in the future just like this one.
Code:
518 Words

Milestones

[Image: jsteele1423.gif]
[Image: dOfqg1T.png]
[Image: lhZ3TTV.png]
[Image: QwTZD8C.png] [Image: uJXrVDL.png]
Click my logo below to see me LIVE on Twitch!
[Image: vNTwVv3.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2023, 02:55 AM by Redderder15. Edited 2 times in total.)

2. Looking Towards the Future (4 TPE)

The Quebec City Citadelles had a rough go this season, with the youth movement fully underway and committed to. Young rook Jeff Hunziker lead the team in scoring, and more valuable performances from guys like Jaromir Jagrbomb making real contributions to their lowly 20 victories. A surprise standout was 155 IA Steve Fudge, who was the only player to have a positive plus minus as well as contribute 61 points. Next season is preparing to be a better one for this team, not losing many notable players, but still not good enough to make a serious run. Whether or not the future involves moving on from pending graduates like Nathan Cormier or Smurfunkle Dothe for more draft capital to build around the young core, it doesn't look like there will be winning hockey in Quebec City for the next couple of seasons, as there's just not enough this upcoming season and then you lose many top 425 caliber players. The decision to commit to next season seems like an obvious no, but key locker room contributions and the culture of this team are dependent on these older veterans. Culture versus the future seems like the call that must be made here in Quebec City, but there are solid rooks and draft capital for this team to make something special in the not-so-distant future. (223 words)

12. On the Radar (9 TPE)

Jeff Hunziker is an exciting SMJHL hockey player hailing from Schaffhausen, Switzerland. Standing at a meek 5'7", his size is certainly a setback, even though the center possesses exceptional goal-scoring abilities. His defensive skills and commitment certainly leave much to be desired. Despite his defensive shortcomings, his offensive prowess makes him an intriguing prospect for most SHL teams in this draft. His season for the Quebec City Citadelles makes him a prime candidate for the S72 draft with any team seeking offence, but a hiatus mid-season to go on vacation may lower his stock and abilities early in his career.

Jeff showcases impressive speed but lacks crucial agility on the ice. His pure speed and acceleration allow him to create separation from defenders and generate scoring opportunities, but he often is unable to avoid defenders with great skating skills. Also, his small size and stature limits his ability to win battles along the boards and protect the puck effectively.

One of Hunziker's best abilities is his exceptional goal-scoring ability. He possesses a lethal shot with excellent accuracy and a quick release. Whether it's from the slot or the perimeter, he has a knack for finding scoring lanes and capitalizing on opportunities. His scoring touch and offensive instincts make him a threat in the offensive zone.

Jeff demonstrates high hockey IQ and offensive awareness, although he can be a bit selfish with the rock. He has a strong sense of positioning with his high Getting Open stat, often finding open spaces in the offensive zone to receive passes and unleash his shot. He has a good understanding of timing and knows how to create scoring chances for himself and his teammates. His ability to read the play and anticipate opportunities is a key asset to his exceptional offensive game.

Unfortunately, Jeff struggles in the defensive aspects of the game, and doesn't look to eager to improve that. He lacks the physicality and size to effectively engage in board battles and win puck possession. Further more, he doesn't seem too energetic on the offensive end, often losing focus and getting caught puck watching. His positioning and backchecking efforts are inconsistent, leading to defensive lapses. Improving his defensive awareness and commitment will be crucial for his overall development as a player for any SHL team, as even having exceptional defensive linemates only really goes so far.

Due to his smaller stature, the young Swiss center must rely on his speed to navigate around opponents. While he shows determination, he often gets overpowered by larger and more physical opponents. Developing strength and improving his physical presence will be essential for him to compete at higher levels. He shows the willingness to fight for pucks and hits, but it often isn't enough. Whether or not his goal scoring will be enough to carry himself to the SHL as a viable top-6 player is the key behind his draft position on any team's draft board, that is for sure. (493 words)

Milestones (3 TPE)

9 TPE + 4 TPE + 3 TPE = 16 TPE

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank