Create Account

S71 SMJHL Postseason Bonanza
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2023, 06:30 PM by Jayba1t. Edited 1 time in total.)

The S71 SMJHL Playoffs have begun, and it is time for Postseason Bonanza!

Wait! What's this?

Here's how PB will work: there are several tasks, each of which is worth varying amounts of TPE for putting in a little effort, for a maximum of 16 possible TPE total. You can mix and match, complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like (up to 16 TPE). Recreates, you will find this slightly different than CW. 

Here's how TPE will be earned:

For every 50 words you write about a prompt, you will earn 1 TPE. That scales on, so 100 words for 2 TPE, 150 words for 3 TPE, etc. If you wanted to 800 words about one prompt, that would be 16 TPE right then and there.

The graphics TPE scale has remained the same.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you can, please after every prompt you write about add a Word Count (ie. 150 words). This will greatly help the PT Team!

ONLY S71 SMJHL ROOKIES (S72 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS. If you signed after the trade deadline and are going into the S72 SMJHL Draft, this TPE is not for you. 

You may claim affiliation from an (one, 1) ISFL, PBE or SSL PT this season for a max of 3 TPE.

For those who have a CW pass that will apply for Postseason Bonanza. 

Deadline: Sunday July 9th at 11:59PM PST

Without further ado, here are our prompts!

TEAM PROMPTS

Code:
1. Fan Appreciation Day
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.) Write a blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

Code:
2. Looking Towards the Future
As we near the end of S71, the SMJHL draft will be happening soon. Going into next season, what are your team's biggest needs and areas of strength? Do any holes need to be filled with call-ups? Do you have a position that is incredibly stacked? Give us all an overview of your team, from top to bottom.

Code:
3. Secret Plans
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

Code:
4. Funtimes
You have been designated as the team's official Fun Director! Now, everyone is looking for some sort of fun activity where you all can spend an afternoon or day to chill, hang out and build some team spirit. Especially after a long and stressful season, what are your plans to ensure everyone has a great time?

Code:
5. Superlatives
Every team will always have that really funny/annoying/quirky player and personality. However, usually they can be the ones that really make sure the team gels together nicely. Come up with yearbook style superlatives to describe some of your fellow teammates.

Code:
6. Team History
I know history isn't everyone's favorite thing to discuss, but a team's past can really define its identity, what its known for and who they are in the present. Tell us about your team's past! Have there been any franchise defining moments that are integral to your team or even SHL history? Conversely, is there some interesting tidbit that not many around the league know?

PLAYOFF PROMPTS

Code:
7. Winner Winner Chicken
At the end of the day, what we all really strive for is the Four Star Cup. It takes everyone's best efforts, an unrelenting determination to win and hard work to be able to hoist the glorious trophy. Out of the 12 teams in playoffs, who do you think will win the 4 Star Cup? Are you going for the clear favorites, or the underdogs? Give reasons to justify your prediction.

Code:
8. An Alternate Timeline
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

Code:
9. What's in a Name?
A player name is the first of many steps that mark the start of a new SHL career. From meme names, real life references and parodies of hockey players, there are a wonderful assortment of names that can be found throughout the league. Which player(s) have the best name and why?

Code:
10. In the Zone
Some players are excellent in the regular season, however there are a certain few that really elevate their play in the playoffs. The pressure and the thought of winning it all really benefits some, while others just have that natural clutch factor, with a knack of showing up at the right times. Write about players who have been crucial to their team, or players that could be in contention for Playoffs MVP.

Code:
11. A 6 Star Show
Make a dream team of players from any team in the playoffs, with 3 forwards, 2 defenseman and a goalie, and give an explanation for each pick. It could be the best team ever, or alternative maybe the worst?

INDIVIDUAL PROMPTS

Code:
12. On the Radar
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S72 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Code:
13. Superstitious
In the NHL there’s a well known superstition that any team that touches their conference championship trophy won’t win the Stanley Cup. Are there any superstitions like that in the SMJHL playoffs? If so, what are they? Where do they come from? Does your player believe in them? Why or why not?

Code:
14. R&R
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time this offseason, whether it be with family or friends.

Code:
15. Charity Drive
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Write about a charity or event that your player helped out with.

Code:
16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

Code:
17. Feedback
For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season!

Code:
18. Milestones - COMING SOON
You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim. They will come soon!

GRAPHICS
*no change to the Graphics TPE scale*

Code:
Fan Appreciation Day - 3 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Code:
Front Cover - 3 TPE
Make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Two team logos, two player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Code:
Charity Drive - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Code:
Spotlight - 3 TPE
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
GRAPHIC: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

Once again, the deadline is Sunday July 9th at 11:59PM PST

Let me know if you have any questions

Enjoy [Image: smile.png]

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Simmer CW Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2023, 05:23 PM by Aephino. Edited 4 times in total.)

Wow I can't wait until next season and I can use my CW pass Laughing

As we near the end of 71, the SMJHL draft will be happening soon. Going into next season, what are your team's biggest needs and areas of strength? Do any holes need to be filled with call-ups? Do you have a position that is incredibly stacked? Give us all an overview of your team, from top to bottom.

As the new GM of Detroit, I've been looking into team strengths and weaknesses this past day. The big positive is that the S71 SMJHL Draft brought us 4 really strong rookies, across all four positions - Goalie, Defense, Wing, Center. However, for S72, these 4 players (Wayne Holloway, Zedward Zilliams, The Murray, and Trevor Lahey) are really the only players on the team with ANY TPE. So the biggest needs right away will be getting another defender and winger (or center, since forward positions are not super important). This way we can at least field a 6 man lineup of players working towards max TPE. After that, I'd love to prioritize another defender to give Zedward and the new Dman some wiggle room and so they aren't on the ice for 40 minutes a game! The same logic applies for giving The Murray, Trevor Lahey, and the rookie starting Forward some depth options (ideally at least 2 strong options). Wayne Holloway will hopefully be the starting goalie for the next few seasons, so another goalie is not exactly the top priority when we look at how badly we need TPE everywhere else. And if we have to prioritize a position, defense > forward since that can be harder to come by.

200 words = 4 TPE

7. Winner Winner Chicken
At the end of the day, what we all really strive for is the Four Star Cup. It takes everyone's best efforts, an unrelenting determination to win and hard work to be able to hoist the glorious trophy. Out of the 12 teams in playoffs, who do you think will win the 4 Star Cup? Are you going for the clear favorites, or the underdogs? Give reasons to justify your prediction.

I'm gonna start and go out on a limb that it will not be the St Louis Scarecrows, Detroit Falcons, Great Falls Grizzlies, or the Anchorage Armada at the time of writing. I don't know, just a hunch. We have 8 remaining teams: Nevada Battleborn vs Vancouver Whalers, Regina Elk vs Yukon Malamutes, Newfoundland Berserkers vs Carolina Kraken, and Colorado Raptors vs Maine Timber. Looking at each of these matchups, I think Nevada should reasonably be able to handle taking down Vancouver. Then again, Nevada dropped a game to Great Falls in the first round, which is definitely embarrassing, while Vancouver was resting up. Maybe it won't be a sweep, but Nevada will advance. Regina vs Yukon will be a fun one - both teams were better away than at home during the regular season. This will be a battle and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to 7, but I see Yukon winning, as they are the better team. Newfoundland should be able to beat Carolina, but you never know. Carolina just finished sweeping Detroit (sad skree) and they were very hot. This is another series where I will not be shocked if we see a 7 game slog. Our last quarterfinal matchup, and the most likely for a sweep is Maine vs Colorado. Colorado are coming off an impressive come-from-behind series win over the favored Scarecrows, but Maine is a powerhouse. Maine is easily the favorite going into the playoffs and I think can knock off Colorado easily. This should leave us with expected semi-finals of Maine vs Newfoundland and Nevada vs Yukon. Maine will beat Newfoundland relatively comfortably, but Newfoundland should be able to win a game or two. I predict that Yukon will take down Nevada in 7 games, beating the Battleborn on their home ice in game 7! And for the finals, Maine and Yukon are the two best away teams in the league. I fear that Yukon's home ice form in the regular season may cost them and Maine will be able to scoop up the Four Star Cup. A second Cup in just 5 years for Maine.

350 words = 7 TPE

9. What's in a Name?
A player name is the first of many steps that mark the start of a new SHL career. From meme names, real life references and parodies of hockey players, there are a wonderful assortment of names that can be found throughout the league. Which player(s) have the best name and why?

e e - Such a funny and simple name. I'm imagining a mother and father (the mother took her husband's last name - e) deciding what to name their newborn child. They look at each other in the eyes and back at their child. "e. e e." What a thought process.

Ace Lightning - If you are a parent with the last name Lightning, you are given an obligation to name your child something cool. They could've gone with Brian, Dave, Bob, Kyle. But no. They chose Ace like the cool cats they are.

James Ward-Prowse - Their parents are 100% english football fans, likely fans of Southampton FC. Not very creative, but honorable.

Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen - If your last name is 23 letters in total, you might as well pick a first name that fits. Sunrises are beautiful and I think fills out the name very nicely.

shnopple lopple - Unequivocally the funniest name in the league. The rhyming, the absurdity, it makes me laugh. I hope they love their name as much as I love it.

Jiggle E. Puff - We have some fans of pokemon most likely. I like that instead of choosing the first name of "Jiggly" after already possessing the last name "Puff," they were thoughtful and chose E as the middle initial to really hide the fact they named their child after a pokemon. "Jiggle Puff" ? Never heard of it.

Shootin Blanks - Now if this one is aptly named, I feel bad. Unless they aren't looking to bring children into this world, in which case I say - go have some fun.

250 words = 5 TPE

16/16 TPE

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2023, 07:44 PM by electrictree. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
4. Funtimes
You have been designated as the team's official Fun Director! Now, everyone is looking for some sort of fun activity where you all can spend an afternoon or day to chill, hang out and build some team spirit. Especially after a long and stressful season, what are your plans to ensure everyone has a great time?

I've always wanted to have a job where i could be in charge of the fun for the team. I'd like to start us off with a PIZZA PARTY! no, just kidding, i'm not some middle manager that underpays his employees. What i'd really like to do is start us off with hookers and cocaine! no, gotcha again! Not doing that one either, it's not the mid-90's and we're not sad. We're the Whalers.

The concept of 'fun' can and does mean different things to different people, so the first thing i'd do as fun director is have a small chat with each member of the team to see what their idea of fun is. I'm just a conduit. If there is a certain theme that stands out, then that's what we'll do. If the squad is all over the place with their ideas then i'd pick a couple of the best ones and have a vote. my idea of a fun time is taking the boys and girls on a shopping trip that is paid for by the team (of course). Have to look good to play good.

(203 words)

Code:
12. On the Radar
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S72 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Do you hate offense? Do you think scoring goals is stupid? Have you been known to cheer for a good defensive play? Then Remington Richardson III is the prospect for you.

Completely shunning the offensive part of the game in favor of strong defensive skills, Richardson III belongs in the defensive zone. So much of the game today is predicated on strong offense, offensive zone play and the transitional phase. Richardson III doesn't care about that. If he can disrupt your zone entry then he's done his job. If he can take away your lane, or block your shot, or use his reach to help kill your powerplay then even better.

When the going gets tough and you're in an elimination game holding onto a one goal lead, Richardson III is the defender you want on the ice. Richardson III is built for the late playoff rounds where the ref's put their whistles away. A little grab, a hold, a small positional advantage. He knows how to play the post-season.

(170 words)

Code:
13. Superstitious
In the NHL there’s a well known superstition that any team that touches their conference championship trophy won’t win the Stanley Cup. Are there any superstitions like that in the SMJHL playoffs? If so, what are they? Where do they come from? Does your player believe in them? Why or why not?

Oh yes, RR3 has one very particular superstition. He changes his underwear every intermission. It's a gigantic pain in the ass because he has to get completely undressed then redressed every single period break. But, it happened once and his team in England won so he does it every single game.

(51 words)

Code:
14. R&R
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time this offseason, whether it be with family or friends.

Remington Richardson III will be spending his time this offseason resting and relaxing. He calls it the RRRR. Or, RR4 if you prefer. RR3 uses his RR4 time doing a lot of hot yoga and going to see football matches. No, not american football but since he's from Great Britain, he means soccer. He doesn't have a favorite squad, instead favoring to attend the matches with the supporters of the local sides. He's just there to take in some good competition and enjoy being amongst people.

For hot yoga, RR3 has a specific instructor that he visits who graciously rents out the entire room for him and any of his friends that he'd like to bring along. They do advanced moves that are helpful for recovery as well as rest and relaxation. Or, RR5. RR3 comes out of his RR5 time feeling limber and ready to attack that days workout. It's a difficult thing to do, keeping your body at the high level needed to play in the SMJHL and eventually the SHL, but RR3 is doing everything he can to eventually get called to the big leagues.

In his spare time, RR3 also enjoys going to the movies and reading. He is particularly looking forward to the new Dune instalment.

(211 words)

Code:
16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

So, i've made it a personal commitment to never set 'get a job' as a goal. In spots where i believe i can add value to the site then i'll happily apply and if selected i'll do a damn good job. But 'working' is never going to be a 'goal'.

Then, as a new member of the site i've made it a mission of mine to figure out how this damn thing works. I think i've done that to a fairly good degree. Then, the next goal of mine would be to be drafted into the SHL. I believe i'm on course to make that happen, and as much as i might want to be a first rounder, i don't think i quite have the clout for that.

Once i get into the league, the eventual goal is to become the premier defensive d-man in the SHL. I know that's a big goal but that's something i'll work toward. I don't quite think the HOF is something that's possible as my player will not be accumulating a lot of counting stats. Maybe if my team wins a few titles, he'll find a way to sneak in. RR3 is just happy to be here.

(203 words)

This is my milestones TPE: +3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3385422

[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2023, 10:52 PM by Kaliyevl34l. Edited 1 time in total.)

Simmer CW Pass

S71 SMJHL Milestones

[img]```[Image: W6NIRSC.jpg]

[Image: kaliyev-1.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2023, 11:31 AM by sliceruser. Edited 4 times in total.)

1. Fan Appreciation Day
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.) Write a blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

This year fan appreciation day for the Carolina Krakens will be Game 4 of the entry playoff round of the SMJHL playoffs between Carolina Kraken and Detroit Falcons. Our fan appreciation item will be the glorious “lets get it kraken broom” with a bright orange handle adorned with squid tentacles running up the handle and red bottom bristles to signify our first and hopefully not last sweep of the playoffs and we clean house and carry our fans with us to the next round, the connecting piece between the handle and broom will be a bowling ball to symbolize the Falcons prepatory bowling they did before the playoffs LETS GO KRAKEN FANS!

112 words

As we near the end of S71, the SMJHL draft will be happening soon. Going into next season, what are your team's biggest needs and areas of strength? Do any holes need to be filled with call-ups? Do you have a position that is incredibly stacked? Give us all an overview of your team, from top to bottom.

Here on the Kraken the future is bright, we have a number of young up and coming rookies who are having a massive impact for the team and as far as I am aware the most rookies on the starting roster of any SMJHL team. This includes a wealth of young defensemen including Lazer Gato, Westley Kirkpatrick, Lilian Flapberg and Jeff Goldblum and during this season myself Alexandros Mograine who has played this season as a right defense for the team despite being a natural right wing. From what I understand we will end up losing a few of our forwards next season so this might be an area of weakness for us unless we can come up with some new rookies, hopefully my own addition to the forward group next season with positions opening up, I can help out in this. Our goalie position has been strong and held by a rookie Sith Happens and will not be a point of concern for many seasons. Ultimately the Carolina Kraken look to be in a strong spot for the next several seasons and have put themselves in a winning position. I look forward to seeing how I and my fellow rookies develop and carry the team that Seven and Frenchie have built into a championship hopefully in the future.

219 words

3. Secret Plans
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

The Krakens secret plan for dealing with teams for the playoffs is to fill the locker room of opposing teams with hundreds of Kraken plushies, they will be so overwhelmed with the cuteness of our plushies that they will forget to come join us on the ice and be forced to forfeit their games against us. If this doesn’t work we will pay our fans to come to every game with their commemorative “lets get it kraken” brooms and aggressively sweep all their floors to make them terrified that we are going to sweep them with how confident our fans are. They will never see it coming.

107 words 

8. An Alternate Timeline
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

The team I would be on in A alternate timeline is the Maine Timber as they are the best team and I am the best, they would 100% be a better team with me as I would enable their snipers to score significantly more goals a season easy with my exceptional playmaking skills. We would takeover the league and I don’t want to get hasty but I see us being a 60 win season and winning the cup. Edzus Ozolins and Peter Tingle only had 40 goals this season, with me I can get them 60 each easy. Realistically though I would have made the team worse but its fun to dream right?

113 words

17. Feedback
For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season

I am a first gen this season who made a player 2?ish weeks before the trade deadline, I haven’t had a chance to do to many of the PTs but outside of the Bonanza has been mostly guessing which team will win and having it put into a claim thread later. I have enjoyed doing guesses for it but the way the claims for them work is not bad I found it hard to find where to claim them initially and had to have my gm send the link and I saved it. It was also confusing on when I claim them and when to expect the update for the claims thread to be out which I have had an issue with how most things happen on the site. I would like to see an approximate schedule for new players to get a better gauge on when to expect some of these to come out because this contributed to some of my overwhelmed feeling as a new player is not being sure what I am looking for or when I should look for it. It does come with time as you play and work around the site and begin having a better understanding of when things  come out but I would have found it easier to understand with a schedule available with some estimates.

224 words

+1 TPE - Milestones s71
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2023, 01:12 AM by Coburnicus87. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Fan Appreciation Day

It was January 29th, almost a foot of snow fell in St. Johns Newfoundland but somehow 6,287 found their way to the Mary Brown Centre. Maybe because it was Mullet Wig night at Mary Brown Centre for the Berserkers newest defenseman Wes Thunderbass, or it was the hottest place in Newfoundland. Local radio station 99.9 WNEW, Neil and Pert on in morning drive, put the word out that it was going to be Mullet night against the Anchorage Armada. Because of the Ragged Doll Factory closing and needing to get rid of 500 bushels of doll hair, they actually made 7,000 wigs. Just 14 hours before, The Berserkers had to catch a red eye from Nevada after a goal scored by Colin Zwiers with 46 seconds left in the third, pushed the Battleborn over the Berserkers 3-4. The game got off to a slow start with just one goal scored by Heem Team in the first. But once the locals figured out the "business in the front and Party in the back" style of the mullet, things got HOT in Newfoundland. The Berserkers scored three goals on the second period, but the magic happened to start the third period. With the "Arkansas Waterfall" in full effect as Wes skated down the left boards across the attacking blue line, the 6'1" defenseman blistered a top shelf shot over Walsh's left shoulder. The Arena went crazy as it was Wes's first home game in the black and red and the Berserkers went on to win 9-1. 
294 Words 

13. Superstitious

Some say "Size don't matter" but for Wes Thunderbass it does! Thunderbass is no stranger to high stakes hockey and probably has led to the choice of hairstyle. It was his senior year at Caddo Mills High, home of the Punchers, where Wes began to grow the "Mississippi Mudslide". Because the school was located in East Texas, facial hair was allowed, thus started growing a lushes snot mop. His choice in hair fashion led the Punchers to the schools first state title in anything. Now in the frigid tundra of Newfoundland, Wes ain't changing his ways. Now with a science behinf the madness, the mullet has to be 9 inches long and the stache has to be an inch and a half thick. Wes has a personal stylist show up in the locker room on game days to ensure proper hair length. In fact, his stylist is his stylist is his best buddy from Caddo Mills, Jack Baitsetter, the best mullet'er in East Texas and parts of Louisana.
332 Words

1. Fan Appreciation Day

For Fan Appreciation Day, the Regina Elk are giving away some special merchandise to celebrate their playoff victory over the Anchorage Armada. Each seat in the arena will have a cute little bobblehead of the Elk's mascot standing victoriously upon a sinking ship, hoisting a purple and gold flag up high. These will be given away at the first home game the Elk will play against the Yukon Malamutes in their upcoming playoff series. (74 words)

3. Secret Plans

The trick to guarantee yourself victory is to get your opponent's mind out of the game. A lot of teams take the approach of making the opposing locker room as uncomfortable as they can - bad lighting, uncomfortable seats, lockers that are too small. We are planning of taking the exact opposite approach here - make them feel like they are in heaven. Each opposing player will get a couch of their own. They will have access to unlimited alcoholic beverages of any kind - we'll even set up a bar in their locker room with their very own bartender. For those who prefer recreational drugs, we'll have a wide variety of (legal) options for them to partake in, free of charge of course. Of course, hockey players need food to power themselves, right? We will provide the opposition with the richest and fattiest (and stomach destroying) wagyu beef on the face of the planet. By the time the game starts, they won't be able to move - but that's alright, they won't want to anyway. This should ensure that the Elk win every single home game, so 33 wins guaranteed. For away games, it's much trickier, however I'm sure we could just pay off members of every other team's staff to do some... friendly sabo- uh I mean pranks! Pull some funny pranks, like shutting off the power to the TV they use for video reviews or placing hidden microphones in their locker rooms. All in good fun, of course. (247 words)

7. Winner Winner Chicken

There are 3 teams which I could see winning the Four Star Cup this season. First, the Regina Elk. Of course I'm gonna mention my own team here - you can never discount the possibility of a midfield team making a Cinderella run to victory. I mean, the Elk have already won one series - who's to say we can't win three more? Second, I have to mention the Maine Timber. I mean, if you look at the standings, Maine should be the clear favorites, regular season champions, 51 wins in the regular season. Granted, they were in a similar situation last season where they couldn't quite pull it off, but this time around could be different. Finally, I have to mention the defending champions, the Newfoundland Berserkers. After a decent regular season performance, the Berserkers can never be counted out. They've won 6 of the past 15 championships - clearly a sign of a team who KNOWS how to win championships. I see no reason why they can't do it again. (169 words)

12. On The Radar

Adrians Skalbergs is a fairly fast, somewhat physical playmaking right winger. A somewhat late pick in the juniors draft, he was selected by the Regina Elk in the 3rd round, 33rd overall. Skalbergs spent his debut SMJHL season on Regina's 3rd line, alongside fellow rookies Austin Morley and Ana Parast. Notably, he was the line's leading points scorer - in 66 regular season games, Skalbergs registered 9 goals and 31 assists for a total of 40 points on the season. Skalbergs is capable of playing a physical game when needed, but still managing to keep himself out of the penalty box - being tied with several of his teammates for the least penalty minutes this season, only 16 - so on average, about one penalty every 8 games. He has also performed fairly well in his first career playoff series. In 6 games against the Anchorage Armada, Skalbergs had 4 points - 2 goals and 2 assists. His most notable performance was in the series winning game 6, where he was awarded one of the 3 stars of the game. So far, Skalbergs has been steadily developing his skills throughout the season, though whether or not he manages to keep his development on track is yet to be seen - as scouts may be concerned by the fact that two of his relatives, Ēriks Skalbergs and Teodors Skalbergs have both played in the league and ended up becoming major busts. Whether or not Adrians can break that curse is yet to be seen, but so far he has been progressing well. (261 words)

16. Goals

Honestly, my primary goal for my player's career is really just to have fun. I don't need to be super successful, I don't need to win championships, I don't need to get into the Hall of Fame. Over all, I just want to have fun. That said, one goal I would quite like to accomplish is to not be a bust for once. I want to actually stick around and become an SHL regular. I don't know if I'll manage that, but here's hoping. (84 words)
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2023, 11:01 AM by Southie. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:

Code:
6. Team History
I know history isn't everyone's favorite thing to discuss, but a team's past can really define its identity, what its known for and who they are in the present. Tell us about your team's past! Have there been any franchise defining moments that are integral to your team or even SHL history? Conversely, is there some interesting tidbit that not many around the league know?

You can't talk about the history of the Vancouver Whalers without talking about Cullen Gray and Bobby Bobcalf. Gray is the leader in  career points, goals, and assists. Bobby Bobcalf is second in career points, goals, and tenth in assists. Both players that played a full five seasons for the Whalers. Cullen Gray's career point total is one ninety-nine, a point shy of two hundred.

The Whalers first Four Star Cup championship came in all the way back in Season Ten when they were lead by Phil Ekblad and Nathan D'Angelo. The Captain of that team was Dave Smith who would end up in the team's front office a few years later. Smith would win another  Four Star Cup for the Whalers in season fourteen as a co-gm. This time Paavo Lepisto wore the C on his shirt for the Whalers. They repeated in season fifteen with Hallsy as gm. Helped along by co-gam Dave Smith once again. They then became somewhat of a dynasty winning the Four Star Cup  in back-to-back seasons in seasons eighteen and nineteen both with Coolstar87 and Yousef manning the helm for them. They would win one once again in season twenty-four this time under JHS and Originsz. It's really interesting how Vancouver has been able to keep a consistent high level of skill under different GMs. They would then go on to repeat as champions in seasons thirty five and thirty six. JR95 did so as a co-gm in S35 and then as head gm in S36.

Quote:253 Words
Code:

Code:
3. Secret Plans

My advantage is the large chip on my shoulder from being drafted fiftieth overall in the SMJHL draft. That drives me to be a better player and a better leader off the ice. I don't blame any of the teams that passed on me for passing on me.. I do blame some of them  for not having a scout reach out to me. I think it's fair to say that being drafted so low would cause some people to give up on hockey or at least make them question their confidence when it comes to how they play on the ice. I never had that moment. I've known how good I am from the start. It's just all about making other teams aware of how great I truly am. I  am great set-up man, I play unselfishly on ice, I try to  elevate my fellow teammates with clean passes and good stickhandling. I'm a bit of a liability on defense but I'm slowly working  on sharpening up my defensive edge.

Quote:170 Words

Code:

Code:
8. An Alternate Timeline

The obvious choice here is the Nevada Battleborn .If I had to switch  teams it would be to play for the team with the highest chance of winning the Cup which imho is Nevada.  Ivanova and Bender Junior are two fantastic finishers  that I would love to play with as a pass first center. I think I'd be able to  help Ivanova pace McGritterson if I told the truth. Maybe I'm too high on myself but it's less arrogance and more self-confidence. I know I'm a verry good player and I think an elite passers like myself would add something to NBB.

Quote:102 Words

Code:

Code:
16. Goals

It is difficult to think of my long term goals as veteran user with a fresh new recreate under his wing. I'm trying to say relaistic here. I would love set the all-time assist record for the SHL but I don't think it's  a realistic  goal. I think one of the only things I have direct control is how much TPE I earn over the course of my career so the thousand TPE club would be one of my favorites. It has less to do with sim luck and its  show that you're dedicated to a slow, methodical grind. I think past  players of mine have been really good for the first month or so but they didn't hold up in the long term. A lot of things are different my life now so I hope this is more of the normal then the players who failed. I'd also like to win a Four Star Cup as well. Vancouver is pretty stacked for the future so I hope we can hoist one up before I get sent up to my ultimate goal.

Quote:182 Words

Code:

Code:
17. Feedback
For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season!

This is just my opinion but it's slightly worse then championship week. Championship week is a dog no matter which way you look at it but I felt like there were more prompts that you could sink your teeth into. In order to get the Postseason Bonanza done I've .had to answer three or four as opposed one or two prompts in championship week.  Eight hundred words is also a hard target to set for yourself. Four or five hundred might be a bit more friendly to new users then eight is all  I'm saying. So that's how I feel about the postseason bonanza. It's a bit of grind though still enjoyable and I think a bit more work needs to get into for it to be  a truly fantastic experience. I also wonder if the media team will like the fact that they more prompts to grade in PB as opposed to your normal championship week.

Quote:157 Words
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2023, 08:32 PM by PapaSorin. Edited 6 times in total.)

1) Introducing the Pork Tenderloin Bobblehead - A Must-Have Collectible for Fan Appreciation Day!

If I was in charge of the Grizzlies fan giveaway, there would be no doubt that the giveaway would be a bobblehead. It would have to be given away at our last home game of the season, because honestly, the fans deserve something after that shitstorm of a regular season. The press release would go as follows:

We're thrilled to announce that on February 26, 2038, during the highly anticipated last home game of the season, when our Great Falls Grizzlies take on the formidable Vancouver Whalers, we will be hosting an extraordinary Fan Appreciation Day! 

As a token of our deepest gratitude for your unwavering support throughout this ugly season, we have prepared a special commemorative item that will surely make your fan experience truly unforgettable. Get ready to cheer on your favorite player, Pork Tenderloin, with our limited-edition Pork Tenderloin Bobblehead! To make this day even more special, the first 100 fans to arrive will receive a special signed bobblehead instead of the regular limited edition oneJoin us on February 26, 2038, as we celebrate Fan Appreciation Day and honor your indispensable role in our team's success. Arrive early and secure your seat for the game to ensure your chance of receiving this limited edition Pork Tenderloin Bobblehead.

Thank you for being the backbone of our team's success. We know this season wasn't easy for you, it wasn't easy for us either. Let's finish off the Year of the Grizz the right way. We can't wait to see you at the game, cheering on Pork Tenderloin and the Great Falls Grizzlies!

406 words

14 - R&R

Let's be honest, Billy Hill ain't right. During the season he bought himself a few junker cars, a trap house in the slums of Great Falls, and was seen smoking the devils lettuce on a seemingly regular basis. When he wasn't on the ice or avoiding law enforcement, the North Carolina Latvia native is found managing the Latvian hockey federation on their way to next season's IIHF tournament. Billy's motto of work hard, play hard and I'll sleep when I'm dead are nothing less than canon. The odds of any R&R happening are pretty low. The odds of a mild drug overdose and being found passed out with a schlong drawn on his face are much more realistic of a character of his... values. Though realistically a nice nap in a hospital bed might do the guy well. Anything to keep his butt on the bench and not behind bars.

152 words

16 - Goals

It's been pretty clear since day one that Billy Hill's goals are simple. First, awards are the name of the game. Some trophies for the case and medals to hang in the locker at the arena are more than good to have, they're the entire motivation to play the game. If the hardware exists, Billy wants it.

Second comes international glory as he represents the nation of his birth: The United States Latvia. There's no guarantee that the SHL is going to work out career wise. But what is bigger than the SHL? The IIHF. If you win a WJC and go on to anchor your nation's defensive pairing, fame and fortune will follow. If Billy sticks to the plan and becomes the anchor of the Latvian defense, there is nothing that is out of reach for him career-wise.

Finally there is a SHL Cup. When it comes to professional hockey, there is no bigger price to attain. Your day with the cup is one that you'll never forget. Be it taking it to the golf course and using it as a beer cooler or denting it while throwing it from your boat to the dock, there is nothing better for a pro hockey player to do than to carry around a 4 foot tall silver trophy to say "I'm better than you and you know it." There are rumors that Billy will retire on the season he finally hoists the SHL cup, but he's also constantly high so you never know...

254 words.

+3 TPE - Milestones

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2023, 03:55 AM by jj2416.)

12. On the Radar
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S72 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?(351)
I do not think there are many worries with Dan Craig. First one in last one out type of player. Loves watching tape is what people have said about him. He really wants to learn. He is still young and rough around the edges but he has already improved massive since the start.Getting 45 points in his rookie season is nothing to laugh at. Biggest surprise is the amount of defense he has. Having a very high hit total at 170 considering that he was not even in the first line is a crazy thought. Being on a great winning team shows at being plus 26 which is also equally impressive. A game rating of 70 is also not bad either for a rookie. As a winger that is more offensive, but can still be good enough on defense is something. You do not know what this is yet but in Game rating average or OVRGR he has a 102. What this means is he was 2% better than the average player in game rating that season. As just a rookie it is a great sight to see. For any team he should be able to work either going more defensive or continuing to pump the offense to numbers that can be the top of the league. Only problem with him is he can be a lone wolf sometimes. I do think he is able to work with others, but does enjoy doing things himself. I think that is what makes him even stronger in the end. I feel like he came in wanting to be just a fully scoring and playmaking winger, but turned into an all around winger so far. He is very fast and can create offense or do It on his own, but his defense can not be forgotten. Being 47th in total hits as a rookie winger that is supposed to be offensive. Could he become a defensive winger in the future? Could he become the goal/point leader in the future? Could he become the MVP of the league? Is he secretly need Wayne?
16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job? (508)
My goals are to make an impact on the league. That impact can be in a lot of ways. I think my first impact hopefully is on this stat I am going to make a media about soon. I really like challenging norms and trying to figure out something new. Challenging the ideas that are seen as ones that should never be changed. I love looking for innovation. It does not always work, but it can find some really cool things. I also wanna make the impact in terms of history. That being an MVP or some type of awards. I am a bit selfish in that I want my player to do well. I do believe tho that if my player is doing well that means the I am helping the team more. So by wanting my player to do well I am also wanting the team to do well at the same time. I think sometimes people are afraid to be excited about your own player, but you should be when they do something crazy. My goal again I wanna impact the people in the teams I am on and impact the league for the future. In the PBE I am trying to help by in the community events team brining it back. I really like knowing I am making a positive impact on things and really making a difference for the better. I may eventually want to go into a more formal head position, but for now I am not really thinking about it. Really would be more focused on media more than anything for the time being. That is going to be my main way to earn more at the start is through media. Hopefully have a good impact media wise too. I do really enjoy writing and it is something I have a talent when I am passionate to be able to do for a long time and write something cool. I also wanna use data and things like that to push the league farther than it already is. It is hard sometimes do something never done or record breaking in a league that has been going for this long, but I really think it is possible to do more than a lot of people can think. I hope to do that very soon actually with my media. My first media is hopefully an impactful one and I really want it to leave a mark in the end. I did hear there is an events team here also in the SHL? I may want to be apart of that at some point. I have not heard much about it unfortunately, but maybe I am just not in the loop of things. Being the community events leader in two leagues is kinda funny in the end being the real community events lead. Like holding all of the infinity stone. I can not wait to see how things go, but I will need some luck on my side for me to get where I want.

[Image: dc24.png]

GM CW pass

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2023, 01:02 PM by sulovilen. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
First off, the good thing is that Quebec City Citadelles only has two S69 players, and they are both IA with less than 250 TPE. This means that the team is basically guaranteed to get better after a disappointing S71 season. From S70 class they have no less than 9 players, so the next season should be a contending season. But looking at the standings, that’s probably not going to happen: QCC finished 12th in the SMJHL, only above Detroit and Great Falls.

The D core seems decent, but definitely has some room for improvement as well. S70 player Maximova is the biggest star, while Dauavion Davis Jr. and Jaromir Jagrbomb of the S72 class are the rising stars. They also have a few inactive players, most notably Lea Cranberry (S70). But definitely there is room for another defender or two.

For forwards they have a clear-cut top-3 in S70 players Nathan Cormier, Smurfunkel Dothe and Jiggle E. Puff. But behind them there is a big gap, the only S71 players being inactive Donny Dangle and Lionel Messi. Jeff Hunziker from the S72 class has also started off very promisingly.

The goalie situation is also a bit of a challenge: they’ve had a very even tandem in Net Man and Elias Adelberg, latter of which is now getting overaged. Net Man is also inactive, which creates a bit of a question mark.

All in all, QCC has some good pieces but plenty of holes too before they can get back to contention. All positions are in need of some improvement sooner or later. The positive thing about this is that they can just focus on drafting the best player available, without thinking about the position too much. But the fact is that it might be hard to fill all of the gaps via one - or even two drafts, so they might also have to make some trades once they have their window set.

320 words - 6 TPE

Code:
2. Funtimes
The day would start with some casual sports, that have nothing to do with hockey. Bowling, darts etc., some nice friendly competitions. Then I want everyone to calm down and get ready for the team-building dinner. That's why we are going to a flotation / sensory deprivation tank. That's the best way to clear your mind and relax your body. After that we'll go for some drinks and have a nice full-course dinner together.

73 words - 1 TPE

GRAPHICS

Code:
Fan Appreciation Day - 3 TPE
[Image: jOaODsS.jpg]

Code:
Front Cover - 3 TPE
[Image: bbJY3HC.jpg]

Code:
Charity Drive - 3 TPE
[Image: zXOAoLl.jpg]

Code: