Create Account

Going Undrafted Sucks

The S61 has come and gone, and I went undrafted... While this is a first for me, it's not really cool. I know some folks like going undrafted, but I'm here to meet new people, and enjoy simulated sports. Going Undrafted helps with neither. 
I don't know how to fix this, or anything about the state of this league - but to all my homies that got picked last in gym class, I didn't even get picked.

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]

You haven’t updated in a month so people might have thought you went IA.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

I'll say that when I was drafting, I legitimately asked the other GMs if they knew of any other actives and checked your page and saw you hadn't logged in for probably around a week, maybe more I can't remember. Nobody named you as active, I think we all believed considering you aren't consistently updating and had been gone for a long period, that you may have gone inactive. And to support that, it appears to have taken a week to notice that you went undrafted as well, which kind of supports why we thought you were gone.

I am sorry that you went undrafted, I definitely wanted to draft every active that I could. I just didn't know you were still active at that point.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

SAD

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2021, 09:11 PM by WannabeFinn.)

The league is currently at a point where, unless there are clear signs of life coming from a prospect, you generally regard them as being inactive. Even if they are still doing activity checks (like you have been doing).

Cap is tight and roster spots are tighter. You gotta make a splash or risk being forgotten in this current market.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

08-22-2021, 09:11 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: The league is currently at a point where, unless there are clear signs of life coming from a prospect, you generally regard them as being inactive. Even if they are still doing activity checks (like you have been doing).

Cap is tight and roster spots are tighter. You gotta make a splash or risk being forgotten in this current market.

Nice man

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

08-22-2021, 09:18 PMFourFour Wrote:
08-22-2021, 09:11 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: The league is currently at a point where, unless there are clear signs of life coming from a prospect, you generally regard them as being inactive. Even if they are still doing activity checks (like you have been doing).

Nice man
Hello brother 44

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

08-22-2021, 09:21 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
08-22-2021, 09:18 PMFourFour Wrote: Nice man
Hello brother 44
Hello my friend i miss u

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2021, 10:18 PM by thevoicelesscreator.)

I haven't missed an AC since I created... I get I'm a terrible earner - that doesn't mean I don't want to be here. But I don't feel very wanted

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I think the issue isn’t your personality. Everyone in NL can vouch that you’re a great person. It’s the fact that your last player didn’t hit 700 TPE, combined with the fact that you didn’t do any PTs or CWs this season, that send up red flags. The way the SHL is now, you have to earn and be a good LR presence to succeed long term on a team, not one or the other. I would love to see you start earning well because you can still make a roster if you work at it! There’s plenty of examples of undrafted guys going the next season or even 3 after and making a SHL roster.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

08-22-2021, 10:18 PMthevoicelesscreator Wrote: I haven't missed an AC since I created... I get I'm a terrible earner - that doesn't mean I don't want to be here. But I don't feel very wanted

.. I get I'm a terrible earner - 

I feel bad for you, but always know those GMs who were watching you will eventually have roster spots. You can step up your game and get noticed. Some really great players have been undrafted. I almost get mad when people say a 7th round pick is a poor return. a 7th round pick is still the best 225 amateur players in the world. You've got a GM here saying he wanted to draft you. That means he thinks you're at least that good. I believe in you too. So kick that monkey off your back and use this as motivation to get to where you want to go.

A draft is not a popularity contest or a measure of your worth.

You've got this, man

Armada

Dominik Tretyak
Anchorage Armada
Goalie
Magnitogorsk, RUS

[Image: PP492HY.gif]

09-26-2021, 11:40 AMTha_Lux Wrote:
08-22-2021, 10:18 PMthevoicelesscreator Wrote: I haven't missed an AC since I created... I get I'm a terrible earner - that doesn't mean I don't want to be here. But I don't feel very wanted

.. I get I'm a terrible earner - 

I feel bad for you, but always know those GMs who were watching you will eventually have roster spots. You can step up your game and get noticed. Some really great players have been undrafted. I almost get mad when people say a 7th round pick is a poor return. a 7th round pick is still the best 225 amateur players in the world. You've got a GM here saying he wanted to draft you. That means he thinks you're at least that good. I believe in you too. So kick that monkey off your back and use this as motivation to get to where you want to go.

A draft is not a popularity contest or a measure of your worth.

You've got this, man

Armada

He hasn't logged since the 24th, i think he decided working for it wasnt worth it...

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

08-22-2021, 06:45 PMthevoicelesscreator Wrote: The S61 has come and gone, and I went undrafted... While this is a first for me, it's not really cool. I know some folks like going undrafted, but I'm here to meet new people, and enjoy simulated sports. Going Undrafted helps with neither. 
I don't know how to fix this, or anything about the state of this league - but to all my homies that got picked last in gym class, I didn't even get picked.

You got your name out here now.. bang out the TPE.. work hard.. you will have a successful career. Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

08-22-2021, 09:21 PMFourFour Wrote:
08-22-2021, 09:21 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Hello brother 44
Hello my friend i miss u

Hi

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

id prefer it tbh. Be the steal of the draft man make them feel dumb for not picking you.