Create Account

S63 PT #5: Source Code
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 01:47 PM by leviadan.)

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

PROMPT 1- GM jobs are appearing faster than the league can fill them, and a frustrated HO has decided to do away with the GM job altogether and leave it to the game AI to decide lines, tactics, and player roles.

Written Task: So now all GMs for the SHL are bots. They behave as predictably and unpredictably as bots do, but with a twist. You have discovered a hack in FHM that allows you to edit and influence ALL decisions of ALL AI GMs in the SHL. This means you can set their lines, edit their strategies, scratch players, etc. You are basically playing in commissioner mode in the game, and the best part is you are completely anonymous. All of your changes are reflected in the SHL sim streams, and everyone believes this to be just the way the AI acts in the game, for better or for worse. How do you influence the league and give your team an advantage while giving others a disadvantage? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Depict your render hacking into the SHL mainframe on a computer, along with some cool sunglasses and a speech bubble that says "I'm in"

PROMPT 2- Or maybe you squash the devil on your shoulder and leave the game untouched, ushering in a new SHL era of AI GMs.

Written Task:  FHM does its best at depicting the game of hockey through a program. What do you think it does right? What do you think it does wrong? Have you seen anything in the game that you would NEVER see in real hockey, or vice versa? Is there anything that you would like to see added to the game, or added to the way the SHL uses the game? (150+ words).

Graphic Task:- Depict the craziest moment you have seen in the sim on your short/long time on the site. Could be a game where the goalie stood on his head, a cup win, a double hat trick, anything

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, February 20th at 11:59 CST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or that WSLB thing are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2022, 10:23 PM by ckroyal92.)

Hack the sim? You mean Hamilton hasn't already done this? It certainly wouldn't be beneath them to do such a thing now, would it? Isn't that why we're dealing with FHM in the first place? I'm sure everyone's tired of hearing it and I'm tired of talking about it, but this league is a joke. Season after season, we deal with the same old nonsense, on and off the fictional ice, but I'll try to get back onto the topic at hand. Hypothetically, if I were to rig the sim, I'd write in a block where the "Big 4" that have dominated the last couple years could only win games against each other and no one else, everything else is an automatic loss. How's that for karma? Sure, that would probably just lead to a new set of powerhouses, but at least it would be a nice change of pace for a bit.

(163)

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Prompt #1

I think I would keep the changes really subtle.  You know, the kind that make people think something is going wrong but they have no idea how to prove it.  For one, I'd have teams start to make goalie changes randomly every few games or so as if they are a player.  Quick shifts to keep both goalies fresh so as to not tire anyone out.  Id also have teams pull their own goalie on the power play to always have six on fours.  This should theoretically increase the number of shorthanded goals which would absolutely make people go nuts.  Id also have defenders taking face-offs on a semi-sporadic basis.  Nothing better than watching your 19 Face-off Centre lose a draw to that defensive defensemen with 0 TPE in draws.  Lastly, I think I'd have the league randomly make trades of players every once in a while.  Players wouldn't actually find out with a trade post, rather their would instantly be moved from one Locker Room to another without any ability to return.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

First off I think I would enjoy the insanity of a completely AI run SHL, at least for a while. And I think outside of a few teams many of the rest of my SHL compatriots would probably agree. That said, I don't think I could do too much to sabotage other teams as I respect the hard work that the GMs and players have done to get where they are, so I think I would stick to altering the sim in ways that would result in maximum hilarity without changing the results (too much.) For example, I think it would be fun if everyone had 20 aggression and 20 fighting. It would be rewarding to see players throw down every period rather than once or twice a season. Also, I think it would be fun to see the result of games with no goalies. Solely relying on the skaters for any net defense. I wonder how high we could drive the score? Maybe give everyone 1 speed and see what happens. I definitely would take the route of maximum chaos.

182 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Pt pass

Code:
Written Task:  FHM does its best at depicting the game of hockey through a program. What do you think it does right? What do you think it does wrong? Have you seen anything in the game that you would NEVER see in real hockey, or vice versa? Is there anything that you would like to see added to the game, or added to the way the SHL uses the game? (150+ words).

The sim engine of FHM6 that we use here in the SHL has been a major improvement compared to the old sim engine that we used to use which was STHS. I enjoy how with FHM we can have a live play by play with games and how much customization teams can have with their rosters. Teams can adjust player roles, tactics, how aggressive they want to be, how often they shoot or pass and so much more. When i dabbled in FHM for the first time a month ago, it was very overwhelming as there are so many things to analyze and manage for one team.

Some aspects that I feel should be improved upon are how defensemen can take faceoffs in certain scenarios or how often a D man can get a breakaway (as I somehow have scored a few breakaway goals as a D man). There are often times when a 155 TPE goalie will outperform the opposing team's goalie with much higher TPE. For example in S62 we saw the Manhattan Rage's backup goalie defeat the San Francisco Pride with an IA goalie.

I would like to see various tactics, player roles be more successful than to what the current FHM meta we have in the SHL be. More versatility is always great as it makes things more unpredictable and and exciting.

(226 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

prompt one

this is a simple task. as the newfound overlord of the simulation hockey league i would simply just absolutely tank the teams that i despise. the calgary dragons, chicago syndicate, and most of the western conference bar a select few teams would get their attributed nuked due to "regression" and the west would just become a seattle and texas domain as los angeles/san francisco/minnesota/winnipeg fight for "who'll finish second if the other two lose?". the same would happen in the east, as the tampa bay barracuda would see mysterious drops in performance. i'd spare a team like montreal since they're already kind of doo doo to begin with so the rest would just be like hamilton and buffalo and philly and atlanta (buffalo would stay normal for competitiveness' sake) at the top (oh and bap too). this random regression "nuke" would be unfortunate, yes, but as the league's leader it would be the way.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

PROMPT 1: The main goal is to give your team an advantage without making it too obvious, since you don’t want people to start questioning what is happening. I would only make a few small changes every few days to make. It seems like it’s the AI who has found something to optimize the way certain teams will play. I would start to make my changes 20 games into the season, and I would make the team on the worst team in the league. Since those teams are already terrible, everyone would assume the AI would have done its job, but I wasn’t able to improve these teams, because they simply lack talent. Then, when I get to the better team, I would change the play style of every line to choose one that is clearly not appropriate for the team in question. Then, I would change the expected time on the ice for each line to reduce ice time for the team best players and increase it for the players who have fewer skills.

173 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2022, 06:54 PM by hockeyiscool.)

[Image: SHL_PT.png]

Prompt 1

Prompt 1: 
Complete and utter chaos. Due to my own personal schedule, I won't always be able to hack in and make changes to FHM. But that just adds to the chaos. I'll just the teams getting too hot, and bump up the teams that are garbage. The chaotic nature of the random lines I input will finally bring parity to the league. Not to mention excitement. Who could have guessed the 155 TPE rookie would score 100 goals in a season? Why did HAM suddenly switch all forwards to defensemen and vis versa, and why is it working? Why is every player in the league now named "John Madden"? Who knows, but it certainly makes every single stream a must watch. Max earning goalies will have all stats cranked to the max, and all other will be minimized. Goalie TPE WILL MATTER, DAMMIT. Actually, screw all the other changes I mentioned, I'm just doing the goalie adjustments. Goalies will finally matter. And that's what's important.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YZjkK9Q.png]

I'm writing about Prompt 2. I've been playing FHM for a while now and I could take for a while about this. First of all, defensemen take way to many shots compared to forwards, which is completely unrealistic. In second, I'm pretty sure the player roles "Sniper" and "Playmaker" are reversed, because my players usually score more goals as playmakers than they do as snipers. I also think that it's ridiculous that players are scaled only from one to twenty on the various attributes the game has to offer, especially for a league like the SHL. Let me explain. Near the peak TPE of players, most of them have already spent the TPE where they want to, so they end up spending TPE on other stuff. So we could see a forward with the same defensive ability as the best defenseman in the league, but then regression happens and he forgets how to defend over the offseason, so next season he's just an amazing offensive player again. I've also played the newer versions of FHM and it makes me wonder if the developers have actually watched a hockey game if you look at their live game sim engine, where a defenseman takes about 10 seconds to skate from the back of the net to the blue line.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 12:16 AM by KaleSalad.)

Prompt 1.
[Image: PT5.png]

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Prompt 2

I started learning FHM 6 recently since I figured it was time, and one thing which I think was spot on was the wait time between games. Seriously, could that game take any longer to advance days? Other than that, some things that weren't exactly realistic were that today I traded like four B level prospects and a first round pick for Kucherov since he was on the trade block for some reason (this would have been the first year of Tampa's back to back cups irl). Yesterday I also got a trade offer from Colorado that was Kevin Connaughton for Bobby Ryan and his $7.25 for three more years contract. Biggest thing in that game that they need to fix is for sure the trading for sure, it's worse than EA's NHL games and that's saying something. Maybe it's better in FHM 8 though, who knows. Actually now that I think of it, the most unrealistic thing I've seen is Arizona made it pretty far in the playoffs, I'm pretty sure isn't allowed in real life.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

[Image: Kror1Lk.png]

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]