Create Account

S74 PT#1: Poindexter Painpoints

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Option 1:

Written Task: A local hockey analytics blog has singled out your player as being the most underrated on your team. Your task is to write that blog post! Have fun with it!
Graphic Task: draw your player in their post-retirement career as a hockey statistician.

Option 2:

Written Task: A well-known analytics site has asked your player to wear monitoring equipment for the season to help them improve their product and create more stats for public consumption. They're offering to pay you (not a lot, they're just a fan site!) and the equpiment will not interfere with your play. Do you accept? Why or why not?
Graphic Task: create a reaction image using your player render. As long as we can tell how it would be used and it contains your player render, it will be accepted.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, December 10th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S75, that's not you.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

PT pass

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Code:
Written Task: A local hockey analytics blog has singled out your player as being the most underrated on your team. Your task is to write that blog post! Have fun with it!

There have been hockey blogs focusing on Chicago Syndicate's Ben Jammin since joining the franchise after being traded from Montreal to Chicago in a deal many years ago. Many touted him as an elite defencemen that was to help be one of the core pieces on the blueline for the team for many seasons to come. Defencemen typically don't get that much love since offense is the more desirable trait to look at and people don't jump out of their seats when you take a puck away or block a shot, but without defencemen our goalie would have to face who knows how many shots a night and constant breakaways.

Ben Jammin has in recent seasons took on playing more minutes and is on the top pairing, top PP and top PK for the Chicago Syndicate. While Ben Jammin doesn't put up crazy points or an insane amount of blocks like Texas' Hodor, he is very reliable on the backend and can be trusted to be on the ice during clutch situations. The league typically focused on all the sexy offensive stats, but Ben Jammin can be seen as one of the underrated players on the Syndicate for how much he values playing defence and having a strong two-way game. 

(210 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

ISFL affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2023, 02:56 PM by TheOPSquid. Edited 1 time in total.)

Written Task: A local hockey analytics blog has singled out your player as being the most underrated on your team. Your task is to write that blog post! Have fun with it!

In Season 73, Squidwardo Tentacles had a positive impact on the Malamutes play. With a PDO of 102 this was higher than average on the team for the season, but he still had a negative Corsi For% of 47.5% and a FF% of 45.3.  Despite this, when Squidwardo was on the ice Yukon was tilting the ice in their favour with an average of 3.7GF and 3.5GA. While averaging 17:44 minutes per game, (6th among forwards, 4th lowest among the team) Tentacles was tied for third on the team in scoring with 55 points. With an average shooting percentage of 13% on the season, this 20 goal season could definitely be replicated or improved through either improving his shot, increasing ice time, or increasing the amount of shots taken. Averaging a minute on the powerplay and a minute on the penalty kill in his rookie season, he should see his ice time increase after 2 of the Malamutes' 425 TPE capped wingers graduated to the SHL last season, leaving Squidwardo and LHL to slot into their places.

Squidwardo notched 6 goals in 13 games during the playoffs, with a 15% shooting percentage, it is not unreasonable for him to average that shot% over a full season and surpass 30 goals. Currently sitting at 3 goals in 3 games this season, Squidwardo has been given the greenlight to shoot more this season, increasing his shots per game from 2.3/game to 5.6/game this season. He is also hitting slightly more than last season, separating the puck from the puck carrier with a hit 2.46 times a game last season, and 3.6 times a game this season. Early on Squidwardo has one of the lowest PDO ratings in the league with 87.8, but with a small sample size these numbers can be proven wrong in a couple games, early on we have some signs that Squidwardo can have a breakout season. If his PDO goes up, as well as the increased ice time stays, a big season can happen for the kid.

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]

Pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Hello there kids, I’m on the air and it’s hockey night tonight. This is John Barry and I am here writing my hockey blog that I bring to you three times a week every week for every month of the year. This stuff is free and I’m never gonna charge anything and you can think the advertisements that pop up on my site like a mosquito on your ass in a tent in Africa. This blog we’re gonna be talking about a young hockey player from the St. Louis scarecrows that goes by the last name Wolf. He’s been a massive player for the team but he’s never been a stand out star that’s been elite through the SMJHL. Hello there kids, I’m on the air and it’s hockey night tonight. This is John Berry and I’m here riding my hockey blog that I bring to you three times a week every week for every month of the year. This stuff is free and I’m never going to charge anything and you can think the advertisements that pop up on my site like a mosquito on your ass in a tent in Africa. This blog we’re gonna be talking about a young hockey player from the St. Louis scarecrows that goes by the last name wolf. He’s been a massive player for the team but he’s never been a standout star that’s been elite through the SMJHL. despite him never being a top star that has extremely stood out throughout the entire league, He is currently chasing multiple offensive and defensive individual statistic records for the St. Louis scarecrows. So while he may not be that elite star, that’s always in the top five for scoring, he’s clearly left his mark on the St. Louis franchise, and this season is gonna be no different. We do believe that the team is looking to rebuild. However, he’s one of the top players on the team and we really think he’s going to come to life this season to carry the team as much as he can. He doesn’t have too many assets around him that you’re going to help him bring in the W’s, but somebody has the score and we really think that somebody is going to be konig Wolf.

[Image: s74pt1.png]

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

Below is an blog post from Juan Tymer, defencemen of the Quebec City Citadelles.He was identified as being a top defencemen by Jean Prenote Analytics and we wanted to here what he had to say about that.

At first I (Juan Tymer) didn't know what analytics were or why people keep saying I am underrated. In Latvia I just did my best to keep the other team from scoring. My teammates had never told me he was underrated, they regularly told me how much they appreciated me after every game. But since the end of the regular season, I get nominated for the Jack Cross and now I am asked to do this blog post. I do not know why people think I am underrated, is it because I am good at taking away puck? I have 4+ give away to take away ratio but that is what my job is to do as defence. I also had 6th most blocked shots of the rookie last year, but my partner Leo Roze was 1st and one of the top in the league. Speaking of Leo this blog should have asked him to write this post as in my opinion he is the best defencemen in the league. I still don't know what analytics are but i bet they say he's pretty good...
Anyway I would like to thank Jean prenote for letting me write this for his blog and saying I am underrated, cause being underrated is better than being overrated.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

PT pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Since coming into the SMJHL 2 years ago, Rence Sykut has dazzled with his elaborate, creative celebrations with his teammates. However, up until early on this season, Rence has mostly been celebrating his teammate's achievements rather than his own. He has been known as a quality 3rd line player who plays hard defensive minutes, but all that is looking like it might change drastically. Through the first four games, he's already racked up 9 points, which is almost a quarter of his output of the previous two seasons combined. Part of this may be jumping into a far larger first line role with the graduation of several Kraken to the SHL. Look for this guy to no longer fly under the defensemen's radar as the league begins to take notice. Rence is coming for you, SMJHL, and he's gonna celly harder than anyone has cellied before. 

150 words