Create Account

Farewell to Regina

Farewell to Regina

When I decided to come back to the league Officially back in October, I wasn't too sure on what to expect. I busted out my build calculator that I had saved on a 3.5 inch floppy disk, put a VHS copy of All That into my VCR, let me cathode ray tube television warm up, and I was ready to do some conversion math wrong to make all the updaters mad at me. If you need to google any of those things, feel free to do so, I'll wait.

Anyway, I came back, and was ready to make a player, and try to jump right back into my favorite Jr team, The Colorado Mammoths / Raptors. I didn't know how to do that exactly, but I was still in the discord for them, so I figured I'd ask around. I was informed very politely and professionally that I was not going to be able to make the defensively loaded Raptors most likely. I won't lie, I cried like a baby right into my Backstreet Boy pillows, only calming down to play a game of pogs and feed my Tamagotchi.

But seriously, I was reached out to by a lovely person named @Reno (They have been fined for reaching out...)

Reno informed me that the waiver order (wow I had that Idea back in 2018!... sorta) would put them at second, behind one other team. That team never reached out, so I was picked up by Regina, destined to be on the 3rd pairing.

Also, a little side note about Reno... Reno is the reason I started doing the Random Ramblings. I asked Reno a few days after signing who the other team was who passed on me, for the sole purpose of rubbing it in that they missed out on me. And Reno said:

[Image: HD7zsrj.png]

I didn't want to do something called Rumors because that felt a little.. well high schoolish. and since I haven't been in high school since before Netflix was a thing, I went with Ramblings. So if you hate my Ramblings, you can thank Reno (and Give em another fine!)

Anyway, I joined up with Regina with an open mind. I was nervous about the locker room. I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good fit. I wasn't sure if my sense of humor would be taken the wrong way. I am mono-loging way too much now about an experience we have all had, so you all get it. I was the new kid in school. It worked out great.

@CloudRobot Thank you for everything. From My Capt, to my GM, to being my boss and letting it slide that unless you @ me I get lost, you are a true friend and I wouldn't have even met you if it wasn't for Regina. Thanks for everything boss.

@yosh @Reno Thanks for taking the chance on me. I know my last player was ghosted on and Idk if that was a concern for you or not, but you were great for these past 4 seasons.

To those Elk's who came before me, Thank you for leading us on that beautiful Piss Ice.

To those who came after me, Thank you for keeping the Piss Ice Alive.

I am proud of what we have done as a team. I am proud that I was the Captain. I'm sad I couldn't take us to the cup.

As I move on to something NEW ... (See what I did there @luke ) I just want to say to all those who are still reading, it was an honor to be an Elk. To be named Capitan for my last season, and to share a safe space with some of the best people in the SHL.

I'm proud to be an Elk, Piss Ice For Life. Thanks everyone.

Best of luck to you Vancouver in the playoff race.

(Also I will stay in the discord and demand some sort of title like Capt For Life or something just like I did to the Raptors.)

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Cry

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

crying in the club rn

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Piss Ice 4 Life  Elk

I’m not crying, you are

Love you Troy x

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

goat

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Looking forward to the epic playoff battles against you in the shl.

[Image: Leonard-Wood-1.jpg?ex=65e9fdaf&is=65d788...3d17ea60e&]

05-09-2024, 05:32 PMMuNk22 Wrote: Looking forward to the epic playoff battles against you in the shl.

See you up there big guy!

05-09-2024, 04:30 PMUrq660 Wrote: Piss Ice 4 Life  Elk

I’m not crying, you are

Love you Troy x

<3

future regina hall of famer

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]