Create Account

Devoir buys an Arena team

Sir Devoir looks in the mirror of his bathroom after brushing his teeth, debating whether or not to show up to this meeting as ether his human self or his Gallade self. He figured that both of them would work in one way or another, as he had already informed the people running the Arena football team he was planning on buying about who he was and what he does. He has always been big on privacy, and gaining a human form has been doing wonders on helping him stay anonymous in the public eye when he just wants to go out in peace. That was especially important to him considering what has been going on in the SHL right now.

It has now been a week and a couple days since he and the Baltimore Platoon lost in the Challenge Cup Finals, and he has slowly but surely completely calmed down from the disappointment. By now he was numb to everything, and the city had seemingly moved on to other news and ventures. This is fine with him, as he did not need to do another interview about how he feels about losing, it really gets tiresome after a while. He finally decides to go as his Gallade self just for the hell of it, and pulls on a T-shirt before heading out. It was a very warm day in Baltimore, and Devoir is glad he got the AC fixed in his favorite SUV.

He knows that he has the funds to just buy another one, but his five year old SUV had not let him down yet so he did not see the reason to. As he pulled out of the driveway and onto the dirt road that is around his log cabin house, he again goes over the thoughts he has while doing research about the team he was going to see about buying in the Baltimore Bulldogs. They currently played in an arena Devoir knows was built for general arena events, such as street hockey or indoor soccer or concerts. The thing is, that arena was a few decades old and had definitely seen better days, and the Bulldogs could use a new place to play in the city. He has basically narrowed it down to a few places, but most of them were long shots or not suited for his needs except for one: the Baltimore Platoon arena itself.

Now Devoir did have some pull with Platoon management and ownership due to his long standing tenure as thier Goalie, so he figured he probably could convince them to maybe let the Bulldogs play a few games there and see how it goes. He was aware that the team has a small but pretty loyal fan base, and they would love to have a new place to watch the team, even if they have to use the smaller practice area which seats about 8,000 people. It was just about convincing them that it was feasible, but hey, Devoir didn't study business during the various offseasons for nothing. So it was with those thoughts that he walked into the offices of the Baltimore Bulldogs, noting from the various newspapers that the last time they won a championship was over ten years ago.

"Hello you must be Sir Devoir" the lady who Devoir had set up the meeting with on the phone says as they shake hands "my name is Abigail Martin, and I am the GM of the Baltimore Bulldogs. In the unfortunate absence of our owner since he passed, I also handle the team finances. It is my understanding that you wish to purchase the franchise?"

"Yes ma'am I am offering 15 million dollars for the company." Devoir smiles as he grabs a folder from his travel bag and prepared his presentation "now I understand that the Bulldogs are having some tough times right now with the arena and the financial state, but here's a proposition that could help: I can convince the Baltimore Platoon of the SHL that we could use their practice field as our home for a while" Devoir briefly wondered in his head why the league was called the *Simulation* Hockey League, but he hated thinking about the implications of that name so he tries to ignore those thoughts "I have quite a bit of pull with Platoon management, and normally that area is empty so I feel like it is just an opportune place for more money that they are just letting go to waste"

"Hmm I see" Abigail smiles as she thinks to herself "and you think that place is fit for arena football?"

"With a bit of messing around yes" Devoir says as he pulls out a drawing "you see I already drew up a concept of how to set the area up for an arena game"

"That is very impressive Mr.Devoir" Abigail smiles, and eventually Devoir comes out of the meeting with a new arena football team and a new thing to focus on during the long offseason.

"Ok now for the hard part" he says to himself as he goes to make a few calls "convincing the Platoon to let me use that place..."

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

I'm going to offer 16 Million!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

05-21-2024, 10:03 AMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: I'm going to offer 16 Million!

I offer 16 million and one dollar.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

05-21-2024, 10:22 AMReno Wrote: I offer 16 million and one dollar.

You son of a gun.

16 million and one dollar and one dime

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!