Create Account

Marco Raanteli Ranks the SMJHL Teams
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 09:44 PM by Radsin.)

Code:
Word Count 1279, *first time media bonus*

[Image: Stephen+Johns+Dallas+Stars+v+Calgary+Fla...ITNP1l.jpg]
SMJHL S42 Draft Prospect
Marco Raanteli
Defenseman 
6'4" 
239 lbs 
Strengths - Defense, Strength, Passing 
Weakness - Scoring 

Raanteli really thrives in the defensive game, hes often strong on the puck and, tends to make opposing forwards earn every inch, he also has a knack for getting himself in front of opposing shots. He hits hard but, needs to get use to working his weight on the ice. Along with all of that he has the tools to be a proficient passer, and may surprise people with a healthy amount of assists. When it comes to scoring, well it isn't Marcos strong suit, fact of the matter is he has trouble hitting the net, whether that be a slapshot, wristshot, backhand what have you, Raantelli just doesn't have the technique. It is something he is aware of and, is for certain working on, however he dedicates a large amount of his focus to his many strong suits. Now I think he could eventually become a useful addition to any one of the teams here in the SMJHL but, he's come out with some rankings gauging his interest for each team
(To start this off, I just want to put a bit of a disclaimer, I would be more than happy to play on any single one of these great organizations, this is mostly for fun and, of course that sweet media money) 

[Image: SMJHL-Armada.png]
#8 Anchorage Armada

First let me just say, I love the re-brand. Firebirds was fine, but I'm a big fan of the name, logo and general feel of the whole deal. So props with that! Now don't get me wrong, i'd be more than stoked to help bring a 5th 4 Star Cup to the franchise, but when ranking a team one had to be last, and for someone that values an active team, I saw this team lacking in that department currently. Now if it comes down to it, i'd be more than happy to turn this ship around (had to sorry no more puns), and I look forward to see what happens over in Anchorage!

[Image: SMJHL-Knights.png]
#7 Kelowna Knights

So the back to back champions, one of the most prestigious franchises in SMJHL history with a total of TEN 4 Star Cup Championships. Which if I read correctly is the most of any organization out there.
 It seems like no matter what these guys are contending season after season. I think i'd be a good fit for this franchise but they don't seem to have many picks this upcoming draft, and I would assume call ups may have left them in a position where they are lacking in warm bodies. Now don't get me wrong, like I said one way or another these guys will be contending sooner rather than later. Maybe that's what had me rank them lower..I've never really liked super dynasties.

[Image: SMJHL-Whalers.png]
#6 Vancouver Whalers

Another prestigious team, as a matter of fact the Whalers are in second place for most cups one with 8 throughout the leagues lifetime. They seem to be well on their way to number 9! They are decently stacked and have 3 picks to use in the first 4 rounds of this hefty draft class! That reason is why I have them where they are, sure it would be good to go in, pick up some wins and learn from the best. No doubt about it! But, I don't think I would be making much of an impact here my first few seasons, and if that's how it ends up then so be it, but it isn't exactly what i'm looking for. 

[Image: SMJHL-Falcons.png]
#5 Detroit Falcons

Detroit is an interesting landing place, from what i've seen from them in my decently brief amount of research the past day or so tells me they are usually contending somewhere near the middle, rarely do they piss the playoffs, and then every 5 or 6 seasons they come in surprise some folks and grab a 4 Star Cup. I can relate with that and, I for sure like to surprise people. I guess the only draw back is the branding itself, I'm not really a bird guy and, Detroit? Yikes, but hey. If the front office there sees something in me, i'd jump at the chance!

[Image: SMJHL-Raptors.png]
#4 Colorado Raptors

Something surprised me with this team, they seem decently consistent in the regular season, but like the Falcons but, they are tied for last when it comes to Four Star Cups with a total of two, now it could be that they weren't introduced to the league until further in, and that is understandable, I am not positive. Fact of the matter is I like that kind of history, its interesting to think about being a part of the squad who bucks the trend if only for a short while. Not only that but Raptors? I love dinosaurs? Colorado? I love weed. I can get down with that.

[Image: SMJHL-Raiders.png]
#3 Halifax Raiders

The Raiders are the team tied for last place when it comes to SMJHL championships, along with the recently mentioned Raptors. They as well have Two Total Four Star Cups. The difference here is Halifax seems to be contending last often from what I've seen. Its hard to see why they are plagued with these troubles with me being new to this league but, one thing I absolutely love is the fact that they have SEVEN draft picks within the first 4 rounds alone. This gives me and, many other folks new to the league an opportunity to rise together, fall together, and ingrain ourselves into the history together with our first players. I really like the sound of learning the ways of SHL with a group as new as I am.

[Image: SMJHL-Militia.png]
#2 Montreal Militia 

The Militia are another of the "top tier" teams in SMJHL history, Holding 6 Four Star Cups, the third most in the league.  Though recently it seems they have fallen on some hard times and tend to trail near the end of the pack. As of now they seem to have just as many picks in the first 4 rounds as they do fully active players, which bodes well for an early impact and, a bright future. So with that, and an already bright future behind them, its pretty easy to have Montreal as one of my top destinations to start my career in the SHL

[Image: SMJHL-Scarecrows.png]
#1 St. Louis Scarecrows

Coming off a great few seasons, I don't think the Scarecrows are ready to slow down, and I want in! With a total of 4 Four Star Cups, the last being in S39. I feel as if the Scarecrows are ready to add a few more notches to their belt. From what i've seen they have a decently filled roster but, it still has some holes that can be filled. I think this is one place where I can for certain make an impact sooner rather than later, and pick up wins while doing so! Along with all of that they have my favorite name and logo. I think all in all, I can make the most out of my career in St. Louis

Thanks you all for reading, I just want to let everyone know I would be more than happy to play for anyone of these teams. I just had this idea and thought it would be the most fun to write about. I thank anyone who took the time to scout me, and thought I could be a good fit for their team, I look forward to meeting all of my new teammates in the coming days and, of course. Good luck in the draft everyone!

Panthers  Militia   Militia   Panthers

Ship puns ahoy

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5781405]

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Detroit's Discord is elite. We have some of the best alumni in the SHL, many of which are currently GM's in every level, a disgraced Co-Commisioner who was asked to step down from sleeping with every head office members chica, and members serving jobs throughout the league.

Our value isn't in branding or location, its in the fact that we are really good people.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2018, 02:03 AM by Wasty.)

07-07-2018, 01:47 AMRadsin Wrote: Not only that but Raptors? I love dinosaurs? Colorado? I love weed. I can get down with that.
[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Screw juniors

Panthers

This is a man with his priorities in order.

Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Hahaha thanks for checking out the write up everyone it was a lot of fun to do! :D

Panthers  Militia   Militia   Panthers