Create Account

Safe space presser
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 05:53 PM by iOBESE.)

Hello my fellow SHL'ers! Recently there have been a lot of bad blood and arguments, so I would like to open this presser where you can ask me anything about everything. Hand in your questions bellow!

P.S Dear HO, I would like for this presser alone, not to consider no insults or words used, just so that people can express their feelings if any, and not punish no one.

Answers:

@Waters
Q: Why are you doing this?
Well, I have not done pressers for a while now, but if you think Im trying to make another shit show as some call it, then you're wrong, but considering the timing of this presser I just want to let everyone know that I am fine to answer any questions about anything. The reason why I asked HO to ignore this presser when it comes to rules, so that there are no limitations towards the questions that someone might ask. Im happy to answer them, maybe I will manage to explain some bits and pieces that were missed in the TD thread, but to think that I have some hidden agenda is false.

@jRuutu
Q:What is your opinion on people in general these days, are they too sensitive?
People are people. Everyone is different and it would be wrong to judge everyone in generalised manner, but often society has made some sort of picture of how someone should act or what to say in certain situations and those who do not bend by those society set rules could pay the price of being isolated from society. Are people too sensitive? Sometimes, but that is just my honest opinion because when I was growing up I did not had a choice to be sensitive, I had to deal with whatever came my way, so I learned how to do it and how to get over minor things. The thing is that this sensitiveness is not a choice tho, it is a byproduct of a world where everything that humanity is striving for is easy life, so of course it is easier to not to be insulted than to be insulted or to be sensitive than strong, so what Im saying is that those people are not at fault. World is changing, so you have to change with it.

Q:What is your advice to person who gets offended on something he or she sees on the internet?
From my personal experience I would advise to learn how to ignore a lot of stuff that you see. Imagine if a famous person would take offence after any critique or comments from haters? Those are the artists that break and never come back, because they just cannot survive it. I believe everyone has bigger issues in their lives than to worry about something that was said on the internet, at least I do.

Q: Is there place or room for proper trash talking and being annoying in SHL?
You can be annoying, you can trash talk, but you have to know where the line is. When I joined this site and was drafted by PGF I was told that we, as PGF, hate kelowna, so now everytime a kelowna member joins my team I welcome them with "fuck you, I hate you!" but that is not serious. You have to have a respect towards the other person. Rivalries are good if you channel it to the right direction and build from it, not allow it to sink you down a path where you cross the line of being respectful and already reaching over it. So I would say yes, there is place for trash talk, trolling etc in SHL as long as it is not over the top.

Q: Is it weird that now you are not allowed to use certain words while trash talking or just talking to another user on a hockey site? From my limited knowledge about trash talking in hockey, the language can be quite colorful?
Proper trash talk has its purpose in sports and it always has been there. Here on the other hand such trash talk does not, because in no way it might affect the players performance, like it could in rl sport, so it ends up being more personal than strategic. It is not wise to ban specific words of use at all, but I do not think that has ever been the idea with the new rules and common sense will be in use when deciding for any punishments because of use of the banned words.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Yeah, doesn't matter man. We just had a giant shit show for like a week straight there. No need to start that up again. This isn't a safe space, and will be treated as normal. i.e. "Don't be a dick" rules are still on going.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Why are you doing this

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2018, 03:57 PM by storm.)

“dear ho can the site rules not apply for my thread thanks”

Yeeaaah, nope.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

What is your opinion on people in general these days, are they too sensitive?

What is your advice to person who gets offended on something he or she sees on the internet?

Is there place or room for proper trash talking and being annoying in SHL?

Is it weird that now you are not allowed to use certain words while trash talking or just talking to another user on a hockey site? From my limited knowledge about trash talking in hockey, the language can be quite colorful?

09-19-2018, 04:30 PMjRuutu Wrote: Is it weird that now you are not allowed to use certain words while trash talking or just talking to another user on a hockey site? From my limited knowledge about trash talking in hockey, the language can be quite colorful?

You are aware that the NHL got rightfully criticized for failing to suspend Ryan Getzlaf for using such language during the 2017 playoffs after suspending Andrew Shaw for the same thing in the 2016 playoffs, right? LIke, there is a precedent "in real life" and everything?

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

09-19-2018, 04:36 PMztevans Wrote:
09-19-2018, 04:30 PMjRuutu Wrote: Is it weird that now you are not allowed to use certain words while trash talking or just talking to another user on a hockey site? From my limited knowledge about trash talking in hockey, the language can be quite colorful?

You are aware that the NHL got rightfully criticized for failing to suspend Ryan Getzlaf for using such language during the 2017 playoffs after suspending Andrew Shaw for the same thing in the 2016 playoffs, right? LIke, there is a precedent "in real life" and everything?

No I was not aware, no idea about the Shaw-case either. Perhaps the trash talking is going away now that enforcers are slowly going out of NHL.

09-19-2018, 04:36 PMztevans Wrote:

Yeah there's literally a player ambassador for LGBTQ and equality on every team..

Code:
Here are the YCP ambassadors for each club:

Anaheim Ducks -- Ryan Kesler

Arizona Coyotes -- Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Boston Bruins -- Brad Marchand

Buffalo Sabres -- Anders Nilsson

Carolina Hurricanes -- Eddie Lack

Calgary Flames -- Matt Stajan

Chicago Blackhawks -- Trevor Van Riemsdyk

Colorado Avalanche -- Gabriel Landeskog

Columbus Blue Jackets -- Scott Hartnell

Dallas Stars -- Curtis McKenzie

Detroit Red Wings -- Frans Nielsen

Edmonton Oilers -- Matt Hendricks

Florida Panthers -- Shawn Thornton

Los Angeles Kings -- Dustin Brown

Minnesota Wild -- Charlie Coyle

Montreal Canadiens -- Andrew Shaw

Nashville Predators -- Colin Wilson

New Jersey Devils -- Andy Greene

New York Islanders -- Casey Cizikas

New York Rangers -- Mats Zuccarello

Ottawa Senators -- Dion Phaneuf

Philadelphia Flyers -- Claude Giroux

Pittsburgh Penguins -- Chris Kunitz

San Jose Sharks -- Chris Tierney

St. Louis Blues -- David Perron

Tampa Bay Lightning -- Brian Boyle

Toronto Maple Leafs -- James van Riemsdyk

Vancouver Canucks -- Henrik Sedin

Washington Capitals -- Braden Holtby

Winnipeg Jets -- Jacob Trouba

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

09-19-2018, 04:40 PMKeygan Wrote: Yeah there's literally a player ambassador for LGBTQ and equality on every team..

OOOOOOF, I'm going to say not only is that list outdated but that my heart is hurt by seeing Eddie Lack's name as the Hurricanes rep. I remember a better world, before the Canes ruined him.

Nikolai Evans

09-19-2018, 04:40 PMjRuutu Wrote: No I was not aware, no idea about the Shaw-case either. Perhaps the trash talking is going away now that enforcers are slowly going out of NHL.

Or maybe you can talk trash without using slurs? I dunno, hard to say.

Nikolai Evans

09-19-2018, 04:40 PMKeygan Wrote: Yeah there's literally a player ambassador for LGBTQ and equality on every team..

San Jose Sharks -- Chris Tierney

RIP

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

shaw as our rep lmao

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

09-19-2018, 09:50 PMWaters Wrote: shaw as our rep lmao
[Image: avatar_2253.jpg?dateline=1537376463]

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

09-19-2018, 04:47 PMztevans Wrote:
09-19-2018, 04:40 PMjRuutu Wrote: No I was not aware, no idea about the Shaw-case either. Perhaps the trash talking is going away now that enforcers are slowly going out of NHL.

Or maybe you can talk trash without using slurs? I dunno, hard to say.

It´s not the same :(